I know it seems like a shot in the dark but I really need a BlackBerry witb an actual keyboard for work...with the new baby, money is pretty tight! us soldiers don't make a of a lot anyway so I thought id try this! so could anyone spare a 8330 on Verizon or similar device? I know it seems desparate but I've seen some pretty generous people on here so I thought id at least try jeez I really do sound like an addict!

if you do happen to have something for Verizon you could donate, please don't be shy! Thanks all!
    11-21-12 04:44 AM
    pretty active on the forum for a soldier, why dont you sell your storm or your 16gb playbook you recently bought if youre that desperate youre asking for handouts
    11-21-12 07:39 AM
    pretty active on the forum for a soldier, why dont you sell your storm or your 16gb playbook you recently bought if youre that desperate youre asking for handouts
    Hope you don't live in North America if you're talking like that, especially as someone who is not active in the forums.

Bump to see if anyone has an extra laying around for the OP.
    11-21-12 02:34 PM
    Hope you don't live in North America if you're talking like that,.
    meaning what exactly? im not talking like anything i dont have anything against soldiers and i appreciate what they do for their country, i simply find it cheeky to use it as leeway to ask for handouts. OP seemed to have purposely layered his post with 'power' words to make his plea more justifiable "new baby" "desperate" "use soldiers arent paid much" yet in other posts he tells how he bought a new playbook and owns a storm blackberry. Cant be that desperate, if he was genuinely in need then fair enough but he isnt, he can simply sell his storm instead of begging people. i may not be active in the forums in terms of posting but im not the one who joined 2 ddays ago, has made around 50 posts in those few days and is asking for free phones.

beats me how youre so defensive on his behalf
    11-21-12 03:53 PM
    meaning what exactly? im not talking like anything i dont have anything against soldiers and i appreciate what they do for their country, i simply find it cheeky to use it as leeway to ask for handouts. OP seemed to have purposely layered his post with 'power' words to make his plea more justifiable "new baby" "desperate" "use soldiers arent paid much" yet in other posts he tells how he bought a new playbook and owns a storm blackberry. Cant be that desperate, if he was genuinely in need then fair enough but he isnt, he can simply sell his storm instead of begging people. i may not be active in the forums in terms of posting but im not the one who joined 2 ddays ago, has made around 50 posts in those few days and is asking for free phones.

beats me how youre so defensive on his behalf
    I didn't intend on any of it being used as "leeway." what's unjustified about my "plea," to start with? I'm just one BB addict asking others if they could help me out. I wouldn't have had the mind to do it had it not been for other posts I had seen where the individual was offering to give out his BB oldies. was I wrong to blatantly ask? maybe. was I wrong for mentioning that I am a US soldier and have just had a baby? perhaps if it weren't true. I was just being honest. maybe it came off as cheeky to you. but I won't apologize for asking. a true BB fan would see my not having a phone with a physical qwerty as an epidemic

you are right about one thing though, I mis-worded my OP by saying that I "needed," it. I dont. id "prefer" it. does that make you feel better? I could sell my storm and playbook, but seeing as how the playbook was a very recent birthday gift, id rather not. and being a soldier, I'm on call 24/7 and so if I sold my storm, thered be no telling how long id go without a phone. not good news for me.

oh, you're right about TWO things. yes I am "pretty active in the forums for a soldier," and its that 'for a soldier' part that has me puzzled. I'm not insinuating that you disrespect the military but I also don't get why it was even worth saying? I'm going to have to assume that you have served to be able to say something like that.

and if anyone else feels this way, I'm sorry. I don't think I was defacing the army or disrespecting my daughter by simply stating them as reasons why I'm broke. its just the way it is. I don't think I'm begging as I think begging and asking for a willing donation from one affictionado to another are two totally seperate things.
    11-21-12 06:46 PM
    And I must say, I am quite thankful that two of your three posts are on my topic. :thumbup:
    11-21-12 06:48 PM
    I can do a bit better, how about a older Verizon Bold? Not the 9930, but the 9650. In fact I've got a pile of old devices we were keeping as backups.

However, only if you are legit. Anyway I can verify you? I would feel cheated (and so would other service members) if you were just some-random-guy. Plus I'm sure others would beat the crap out of you if they found out you were posing as one just to pull on some heart-strings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    11-21-12 07:16 PM
    I can do a bit better, how about a older Verizon Bold? Not the 9930, but the 9650. In fact I've got a pile of old devices we were keeping as backups.

However, only if you are legit. Anyway I can verify you? I would feel cheated (and so would other service members) if you were just some-random-guy. Plus I'm sure others would beat the crap out of you if they found out you were posing as one just to pull on some heart-strings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    That would be fantastic! How would you like to verify me? I'm not sure there's a way short of you looking up my social...I would hate to get beat up on...or play a chord on any sort of heartstrings. I am eternally grateful. PM me so we can work.it out
    11-21-12 07:32 PM
    I had a Bold 9650V to spare. But I'm half way around the world in VietNam and the phone is in crap condition. Pm me if you're still interested
    11-21-12 07:55 PM
    [QUOTE=akb1116;7740462]I didn't intend on any of it being used as "leeway." what's unjustified about my "plea," to start with? I'm just one BB addict asking others if they could help me out. I wouldn't have had the mind to do it had it not been for other posts I had seen where the individual was offering to give out his BB oldies. was I wrong to blatantly ask? maybe. was I wrong for mentioning that I am a US soldier and have just had a baby? perhaps if it weren't true. I was just being honest. maybe it came off as cheeky to you. but I won't apologize for asking. a true BB fan would see my not having a phone with a physical qwerty as an epidemic

you are right about one thing though, I mis-worded my OP by saying that I "needed," it. I dont. id "prefer" it. does that make you feel better? I could sell my storm and playbook, but seeing as how the playbook was a very recent birthday gift, id rather not. and being a soldier, I'm on call 24/7 and so if I sold my storm, thered be no telling how long id go without a phone. not good news for me.

Just curious, but you posted in another thread that I was just reading that you bought a 16GB playbook on Ebay for 115.00.
    11-21-12 08:16 PM
    [QUOTE=wafa510;7740563]
    I didn't intend on any of it being used as "leeway." what's unjustified about my "plea," to start with? I'm just one BB addict asking others if they could help me out. I wouldn't have had the mind to do it had it not been for other posts I had seen where the individual was offering to give out his BB oldies. was I wrong to blatantly ask? maybe. was I wrong for mentioning that I am a US soldier and have just had a baby? perhaps if it weren't true. I was just being honest. maybe it came off as cheeky to you. but I won't apologize for asking. a true BB fan would see my not having a phone with a physical qwerty as an epidemic

Just curious, but you posted in another thread that I was just reading that you bought a 16GB playbook on Ebay for 115.00.
    It was bought FOR me, by my wife for my birthday which was on the 16th. She found it for 115 and would likely be pretty hurt if I turned around and sold it.
    11-21-12 08:19 PM
    Busted. Lol
    11-21-12 08:19 PM
    Guess I've learned my lesson about blatantly asking. Thanks anyway, forum.
    11-21-12 08:29 PM
    And in that post, I said I "got," one. Got and bought are two entirely different things. Especially in this case as my wife "got" it for me for 115 and sent it to me for my birthday.
    11-21-12 08:36 PM
    That would be fantastic! How would you like to verify me? I'm not sure there's a way short of you looking up my social...I would hate to get beat up on...or play a chord on any sort of heartstrings. I am eternally grateful. PM me so we can work.it out
    OK, I'm on my mobile and didn't see that you already have a currently functioning device. Listen, we all would like an upgrade and most of us do have to live on a budget (me with 4 kids under 10 included). That doesn't mean we should necessarily go around asking for stuff lying around from complete strangers, active duty or not.

Via my PlayBook and Tapatalk
    11-21-12 09:39 PM
    OK, I'm on my mobile and didn't see that you already have a currently functioning device. Listen, we all would like an upgrade and most of us do have to live on a budget (me with 4 kids under 10 included). That doesn't mean we should necessarily go around asking for stuff lying around from complete strangers, active duty or not.

As I said, I only gave it a shot because I'd seen people give out their classics under the single stipulation that the receiver USES it. I'm not even looking for an "upgrade," id take an older, much less powerful device, if it meant having a keyboard. And I've done none of this under the assumption that being active duty would increase my chances. As stated in the OP, I was just "trying it out." I had not meant for such a fuss to be made of it.
    11-21-12 09:48 PM
    Understood, but the "pay it forward" was to help out someone who did not have a device and needed one. I feel like this is a little different.

11-21-12 10:07 PM
    And I get that, as such a situation would be far more dire. I had thought I made myself clear in earlier posts and I am sorry for any confusion. I've come to the consensus that I should not have asked, and it would behove me to just stick with the Storm2 until the BB10 M series hits. Its just difficult to find a 9550 fan base, even on here, to connect with
    11-21-12 10:31 PM
    Wow, I'm honestly disturbed at the callous attacks people are launching over one member's simple request. And on the eve of Thanksgiving, no less. Some of you made the majority of your posts on CB attacking the OP because you didn't like his request. Seriously? Do you guys yell at people on the street that ask for help or do you just keep going? I can see it now. "Don't ask me for change!!! Besides, you've got shoes on! Don't talk to me until you're even more destitute and don't have anything to your name, then maybe I'll help. (although we all know they won't)" And in this case, it wasn't a direct request to the people that are so offended. Ponderous, truly ponderous.

I've got a 8330 for you, OP. I'll even throw in a few extras to counter-balance the bad vibes I get from how this thread has gone. This is not how CB members should act towards each other. Have a happy Thanksgiving and PM me on Monday or Tuesday.
    xSt0rmTroop3Rx and Roo Zilla like this.
    11-22-12 12:37 AM
    Wow, I'm honestly disturbed at the callous attacks people are launching over one member's simple request. And on the eve of Thanksgiving, no less. Some of you made the majority of your posts on CB attacking the OP because you didn't like his request. Seriously? Do you guys yell at people on the street that ask for help or do you just keep going? I can see it now. "Don't ask me for change!!! Besides, you've got shoes on! Don't talk to me until you're even more destitute and don't have anything to your name, then maybe I'll help. (although we all know they won't)" And in this case, it wasn't a direct request to the people that are so offended. Ponderous, truly ponderous.

I've got a 8330 for you, OP. I'll even throw in a few extras to counter-balance the bad vibes I get from how this thread has gone. This is not how CB members should act towards each other. Have a happy Thanksgiving and PM me on Monday or Tuesday.
    Wow! Thank you! I honestly expected no more good to come of this post. I thought it was a fairly innocent request, as I'd seen people from these very same forums offering to donate their older phones. Its not like I was asking for a 9930 or anything. But maybe it was wrong to blatantly ask. So unless you have one you really could SPARE, you really don't have to do that. And by extras do you mean more than one? lol, because I would really only require one Thanks again. It means a lot coming from someone as active and seasoned in the forums as you are. If you really do have one you could-whole heartedly part ways with, I will definitely PM you on Monday to work things out.

Also I had a question for you. I posted a general discussion topic on this and perhaps it was the wrong section, but what made/makes the 8330 so good? Even those with a 9900 Bold speak very fondly of it and say they would still use it. And also, is it OS 5 capable? Because Bridge is somewhat important to me...though not so much so as a physical keyboard.

Thanks again. And happy holidays to you as well.
    11-22-12 12:53 AM
    i was simply saying you could be anybody pretending to be a solider with a newborn as its quite fishy that in other posts youve just 'gotten' a playbook for $115 regardless if you yourself bought it or your wife (obviously you have enough money if your wife is home with the baby and therefore relies on your wages) and have a decent phone plus having joined a few days ago so youre practically a stranger on the forum and no one can verify it, 8330s go for around $25 on ebay so it wouldnt mean youd go without a phone if you sold your storm after buying it.

i thought it was cheeky as there was no need to mention your profession or your baby as it obviously will make people sorry for you and more likely to give you a free phone. yes my boyfriend is currently stationed in germany as they have a base in hannover, theres no fighting going on obviously but he barely has time to call me once a day let alone post so much on a forum.

neither am i attacking you or act this way to less fortunate people, as i said if you needed it i would probably offer myself and yes i do actually give change to people in the street if theyre homeless or dont have enough money to get on the bus etc so i dont see how this is the same sort of situation? the homeless people in thee street arent telling me their wives have just bought them a playbook and flashing their phone in my face yet asking for another one anyway. i dont usually post because i dont like forums in the way that usually if someone has a differing opinion or someone does something like this theres always taking sides and never seeing it how it is, i only joined in the first place so i could view the helpful pictures from tutorials and others posts. i just didnt want anyone to blindly give you something thinking you might be something you arent
    11-22-12 02:04 AM
    As I thought I made perfectly clear, I wasn't asking them to give a phone to a poor, newly fathered soldier. I was asking fellow BlackBerry lovers if they could spare a classic. I've corrected myself in subsequent posts and the problem itself has been solved. I thank you for your reply but see no reason in it having gone any further.
    11-22-12 02:28 AM
    As I would say to any soldier. Thank you for your service. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    xSt0rmTroop3Rx likes this.
    11-22-12 03:41 AM
    As I would say to any soldier. Thank you for your service. Have a great Thanksgiving.
    Thank you for helping put a positive spin on an otherwise predominately bad string of posts. And a warm Happy Thanksgiving extended to you as well.
    NFLPLAYBOOK likes this.
    11-22-12 04:02 AM