I have a blacberry curve 8530. My fiance has the same. We have had some problems in the past and are trying to work them out. However with that said. He sent a picture message to a contact he has in his phone. The only info on this contact is an initial for the name and the numbers 5F6-11X17 saved as an email. The picture mail went through to this strange number. Is there anyone that can help me figure out who this person is. I need to find out because if this is happening again, we are done. Please any info would be appreciated. I have tried it as a blackberry pin but doesnt go thru. I have also tried to send a picture message to this number and asked who it is but get no response.
    Thank u to anyone willing to help
    erin
    07-13-11 08:00 AM
    :/

The number is.
    536 11917

At least if you call it, that's what you would get.
    07-13-11 08:05 AM
    I got that but its 2 many numbers!!
    07-13-11 08:27 AM
    What's your Smart Dialing setup to. Area code, Country code? Menu/Options/Phone Options/Smart Dialing.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-11 08:43 AM
    It's too many numbers? Don't you need 3 more? Are the numbers listed as all numbers or like you typed it?
    07-13-11 08:54 AM
    Also, if it's saved as an email, why don't you put the email address in google? It might give a clue if it returns results for some sites like message boards ...
    07-13-11 09:03 AM
    2 more + country code are missing.
    07-13-11 09:03 AM
    it is set to united states. i am in new york so we use the 3 digit area code then 7 digits. Damn this is killing me that I cant figure this out. What do I do know?
    07-13-11 09:04 AM
    Ok it is saved just like i wrote it. 5F6-11X17. also I tried to run it through google. nothing came up. I also tried to do it with any email i could think of. aol, yahoo, gmail!
    07-13-11 09:06 AM
    what would be the blackberry email if i wanted to try it. like would it be 5F6-11X17 @blackberry and what is the rest. i never use my sprint email.
    07-13-11 09:13 AM
    Ok it is saved just like i wrote it. 5F6-11X17. also I tried to run it through google. nothing came up. I also tried to do it with any email i could think of. aol, yahoo, gmail!
    What I meant was if this is saved in the phone as an email, put your cursor over the from field in the email (the one initial). Click menu and "show address." Then take the email address and put that in Google.
    07-13-11 09:13 AM
    ok im gonna write this down because i have to wait till i can use his phone to check. i will try it later. thanks!! also just quickly. its saved in his contacts as Kk and the number is saved as an email, but he sent a picture message. will it still work? like can i go to the picture message go to the top scroll over the first k click menu and show address?
    07-13-11 09:16 AM
    Okay, I reread your first post. You wrote the code is saved in the email field. I thought you meant the code is saved in an email with an initial as the name. Sorry ...
    07-13-11 09:17 AM
    So here is what it is..... He has a saved contact as Kk in his phone, then the number 5F6-11X17 is under Kk saved as an email. He sent a picture message to this Kk and it went thru. Goin to this email supposedly with just 5F6-11X17. there is no other number or address or anything saved within the contact Kk except this strange number saved as email. Please someone help me figure this out. this really sucks!
    07-13-11 09:19 AM
    ok im gonna write this down because i have to wait till i can use his phone to check. i will try it later. thanks!! also just quickly. its saved in his contacts as Kk and the number is saved as an email, but he sent a picture message. will it still work? like can i go to the picture message go to the top scroll over the first k click menu and show address?
    It's worth a try. Or scroll over the code in the email address and see if there is a menu option to show address. I have at least one contact in my address book for whom I'm using three initials, but it doesn't cross to any name or anything anyone else would ever guess. That way, if it comes up on caller ID, no one could know who it is. But if you went into the contact itself, you would see a whole bunch of email addresses and phone numbers for that person.
    07-13-11 09:21 AM
    no problem. my fault yes this code is saved in the email field. However the pic message went thru. Is there anyway to find out who this person is? This is messed up. i really need to find out.
    07-13-11 09:21 AM
    ok. im gonna try that later. thanks. if anyone else has other ideas lplease throw them my way. i will try whatever i can to find out.
    07-13-11 09:24 AM
    Let us know how you make out with it. Good luck!
    07-13-11 09:37 AM
    Thanks i will....if u think of anything else please let me know!! In case it doesnt work, i can have something else to try!!
    07-13-11 09:39 AM
    Is that definitely not a PIN?

07-13-11 01:46 PM
    GSM is 2xxxxxxx
    CDMA is 3xxxxxxx
    IDen is 5xxxxxxx.

I think.

07-13-11 01:52 PM
    I really am not sure if it is a pin or not, nut i did try to send a bbm using it from my phone and it says invalid pin. Deathcommand what does that mean what you posted.? I also tried what was suggested before from tonis but when i do go on his phone and go to the pic message he sent, then i scrolled over the top where it says Kk and hit option then show address, the only thing it shows is the 5F6-11X17. this is what he has saved in his contacts under Kk. please anymore help with how i can find this out. Also can u explain what you posted deathcommand. What is GSM 2xxxxxxx and all that mean?
    07-13-11 03:07 PM
    I really am not sure if it is a pin or not, nut i did try to send a bbm using it from my phone and it says invalid pin. Deathcommand what does that mean what you posted.? I also tried what was suggested before from tonis but when i do go on his phone and go to the pic message he sent, then i scrolled over the top where it says Kk and hit option then show address, the only thing it shows is the 5F6-11X17. this is what he has saved in his contacts under Kk. please anymore help with how i can find this out. Also can u explain what you posted deathcommand. What is GSM 2xxxxxxx and all that mean?
    He's just looking at what the PIN combinations might be on the various networks. Did you try taking the hyphen out when you sent the BBM message? I don't think the pins usually have hyphens. And if DC's observation is taken into account, it would mean that the phone is on the iden network, meaning Nextel. Is it?
    07-13-11 03:13 PM
    hmmm not sure let me try. also can u pic message someone from a blackberry to a nextel using only a pin
    07-13-11 03:18 PM
    ok took out the hyphen and tried it again...still says invalid pin. Should i have my friend who has nextel try it without the hyphen. he tried before but was invalid? this is so crazy. i cant figure out how he is sending pic messages to this weird number and they go thru and i can send pic messages to it and they go thru but i cant figure out what it really is or who it is.
    07-13-11 03:20 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD