I always noticed that whatever blackberry I have, the battery doesn't seem to last as long. Are blackberry's constantly connecting/signaling when they're turned on even if they aren't in use? What if you were to shut off internet capabilities and just make calls/texts? How are they different from regular cell phones when connecting to the network? Thanks!!
    09-14-09 12:09 PM
    Depends what you have running. Some 3rd party apps are always on, and draining your battery.

When apps are idle, most of the time they only do very limited connection stuff like pinging the network to say they are there and time syncing to the carrier.

If you are noticing a lot of drain then try shutting off 3rd party apps and make sure bluetooth and Wi-Fi are disabled when not in use.
    09-14-09 12:13 PM
    Depends what you have running. Some 3rd party apps are always on, and draining your battery.

When apps are idle, most of the time they only do very limited connection stuff like pinging the network to say they are there and time syncing to the carrier.

If you are noticing a lot of drain then try shutting off 3rd party apps and make sure bluetooth and Wi-Fi are disabled when not in use.
    Yeah, WiFi and Bluetooth will really drain your battery quickly.
    09-14-09 12:19 PM
    I thought WiFi was a battery saver??

To the OP you think BBs have bad batteries check out that iphone.
    09-14-09 12:33 PM
    I thought WiFi was a battery saver??
    It is when it's on and connected.
    09-14-09 12:43 PM
    I don't know what the average user's expectation is for battery life, but compared to my old Windows Mobile phone, the BB lasts muuuch longer on a charge.

I always do an Alt-Back check to see what's running and close everything possible...and the phone is in standby while in the holster. I called in to a teleconference the other day using my BT headset for 56 minutes and the battery went from 100% to 80%. Seems pretty good to me.
    Last edited by dixon0422; 09-15-09 at 07:23 AM.
    09-15-09 07:20 AM
    09-15-09 08:01 AM
    how does the positrack rear end on a plymouth work it just does
    09-16-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD