There are millions of legacy OS users out there that have not moved over to one of the new BlackBerry devices, I'm wondering what is preventing you from upgrading?

Z30 on 10.2.1.537 in Canada
    02-25-14 08:19 PM
    Probably money for most. I know that was true for me.
    02-25-14 08:31 PM
    Seems to me most people don't know how good bb10 really is. Even ones on bb10 don't officially have 10.2 or 10.2.1 to know a lot of legacy features are back with the os updates.

Like Chen said, BlackBerry dropped the ball with the launch of bb10 on education and marketing. Unless you're on Crackberry it's tough to know what's going on and the media just talks bs about BlackBerry going out of business.
    JesseBabe23 likes this.
    02-25-14 08:34 PM
    I know I'm in the minority but the lack of a belt isn't the reason I haven't upgraded yet. Or a lack of legacy features, although some of them would help.

I haven't upgraded because I'm still waiting to see some clear consistent message from the company so I can have some faith in them again. So far I'm getting mixed messages as to who they are, what they want to be and where they are going. Maybe they have that now? I don't know, I still see a lot going back and forth.

Also my carrier offers zero BB10 phones. I would have to change and pay mere for less. I may or may not go BB10
    02-25-14 08:39 PM
    All the legacy BlackBerry users are waiting for the trackpad, bis and practical convenience of long battery life.

I think q20 would be the prayers answered.

Posted via CB10
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    02-25-14 08:41 PM
    Are you talking about buying stock or buying a phone? Wow.
    I know I'm in the minority but the lack of a belt isn't the reason I haven't upgraded yet. Or a lack of legacy features, although some of them would help.

I haven't upgraded because I'm still waiting to see some clear consistent message from the company so I can have some faith in them again. So far I'm getting mixed messages as to who they are, what they want to be and where they are going. Maybe they have that now? I don't know, I still see a lot going back and forth.

Also my carrier offers zero BB10 phones. I would have to change and pay mere for less. I may or may not go BB10
    loyalIND and Q10Bold like this.
    02-25-14 10:28 PM
    already buy android phone and ipad mini...

stil using BBOS just because i need a phone with longer battery and keyboard, but if it is broken my next choice is another Legacy phone or cheap nokia symbian with keyboard
    02-25-14 10:31 PM
    My BBOS phone still works perfectly. Should I throw it out ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    02-26-14 01:15 AM
    I'm due an upgrade in September but will most likely stick with my 9810. The reasons are, I like the device, the OS, BIS and all the features that come with it when bridged to my Playbook. I would also take advantage of the lower monthly cost of sticking with my current handset.
    02-26-14 02:29 AM
    I have tried BB10 twice with a Z10 and a Q10, I went back for the Belt and BIS email.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    02-26-14 02:31 AM
    Seems to me most people don't know how good bb10 really is. Even ones on bb10 don't officially have 10.2 or 10.2.1 to know a lot of legacy features are back with the os updates.

Like Chen said, BlackBerry dropped the ball with the launch of bb10 on education and marketing. Unless you're on Crackberry it's tough to know what's going on and the media just talks bs about BlackBerry going out of business.
    I like to know why Chen isn't marketing the devices now! I haven't seen a blackberry commercial in the states for months. This is the biggest issue blackberry has, get the word out advertise!

Posted via CB10
    JesseBabe23 and deptech like this.
    02-26-14 04:15 AM
    I like to know why Chen isn't marketing the devices now! I haven't seen a blackberry commercial in the states for months. This is the biggest issue blackberry has, get the word out advertise!

Posted via CB10
    They don't have the devices to market yet, surely they learned that mistake, never start advertising months ahead of the device launch.

JesseBabe23 and deptech like this.
    02-26-14 04:17 AM
    I've summarized all threads to date, let me know if I've misunderstood anything. Thanks for all the feedback.

-Price or money (Device and Carrier)
    -Loss if confidence in BlackBerry
    -Lack of Belt
    -Lack of BB10 education or marketing (knowledge of BB10 or BB10 Devices)
    -Carriers have not upgraded to latest BB10 OS or offer BB10 devices
    -BIS not available
    -Longer battery life, 3+ days
    -Device still works
    -Like the device
    -Like the OS
    -Bridge to BlackBerry playbook with all Bridge features

02-26-14 04:32 AM
    I've summarized all threads to date, let me know if I've misunderstood anything. Thanks for all the feedback, keep them coming, even if they have already been mentioned, perhaps a few if these have more weight.

-Lack of Belt
    -BIS not available
    -Device still works
    -Like the device
    -Like the OS

02-26-14 04:42 AM
    I've summarized all threads to date, let me know if I've misunderstood anything. Thanks for all the feedback.

-Lack of Belt
    -BIS not available
    -Device still works
    -Like the device
    -Like the OS

You've got all the bases right.

For me? It's just price, being a recent graduate low on funds and all. I would love to get the Z10 (potentially within my range) and I don't mind losing the belt. It is not important to the BB10 experience I want to have
    deptech likes this.
    02-26-14 05:01 AM
    All the legacy BlackBerry users are waiting for the trackpad, bis and practical convenience of long battery life.

I think q20 would be the prayers answered.

Posted via CB10
    No they aren't. At least I'm not.

I already have some stock lol. I want a phone that will be supported by carriers. I'm not seeing that here.
    deptech and Bbnivende like this.
    02-26-14 05:28 AM
    -Price
    -Lack of Belt
    -BIS
    -Device still works
    -Like the device
    -Bridge to PlayBook

I think this generally sums it up for me.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650
    deptech likes this.
    02-26-14 07:59 AM
    There's not really a difference, since BBRY has long cultivated and attracted users for whom buying a phone isn't all that different from buying a stock. If "professionals" and "business users" value the kind of certainty in their device purchases that they do in many investments, the similarities between the factors supporting a stock purchase and a device purchase would be numerous.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-14 08:06 AM
    Surely blackberry themselves can send info to BlackBerry legacy users directly to make them aware of BlackBerry 10 and how good it is.

Posted on CB10 with the Q10
    02-26-14 08:07 AM

-Lack of Belt
    -BIS not available
    -Device still works
    -Like the device
    -Like the OS

maybe you can added already buy another platform, but keep using BBOS until it is broken (post number 7)
    Last edited by garnok; 02-26-14 at 09:31 AM.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-26-14 09:08 AM
    I got a few people on my list refuse to go for a non slider, if this doesn't come out soon I know of at least 10 people that will go to another platform. In my opinion q10 was a mega fail by making it exactly like the 9900 new platform new look is the way it should have gone.

Posted via CB10 on my blazing fast Z30 on 10.2.1.2102
    02-26-14 09:38 AM
    Imo the Q10 and BB10 were half baked at launch. I'm a qwerty guy and my 9930 is my primary device for all of my communications; voice, text, email, BBM, Channels, etc. Moving to the Q10 with all its take aways in features and functionality (documented in many threads on CB) made zero sense to me. I just didn't see how it would be an upgrade, and believe me I'm pretty good at rationalizing and really wanted a new BlackBerry. Sure there's a new OS with its many benefits but really everything I needed to do I could do any my 9930, and still can. However I was planning to bite the bullet and get the Q10 soon, but with the announcement on the Q20 I will happily bide my time until it's available.
    02-26-14 09:46 AM
    Maybe they want a phone that can block calls. Blacklists. I know I sure as hell do.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 09:47 AM
    I think the reason most Legacy users haven't "upgraded" to BB10 are pretty easy to figure out.

My question would be, "Why did you upgrade from a Legacy device to BB10?" I think those answers are the interesting ones.
    02-26-14 09:54 AM
    Be cuse bbm onblack berry10 suck😷😷 in old one very nice😍

02-26-14 10:08 AM
36 12