I have the Curve 8330 and the carrier is Sprint. Does anyone know if the 8330 supports call tones and if so is it possible to create one from my existing ringtones?
    02-15-09 04:11 PM
    call tones? do you mean like if someone calls you, instead of hearing the ringing, they hear music?
    02-15-09 04:17 PM
    Affirmative.
    02-15-09 04:22 PM
    i know that verizon has that, but i don't think you can customize your own music to make one. i think (correct me if i'm wrong) that you have to purchase it through verizon only. it's a nice thing to do, but i rather have people hear the traditional ringtone than spend $ for them to hear something special. i love all the people i know, but they gotta deal with the regular ringer to get to me!

edited: ok, i realized you're with sprint...i don't know if they have something to edit your own music for a ringback, but i would assume they don't.
    02-15-09 05:56 PM
    I can't say for sure but I know someone who uses a regular phone on Sprint. When I call her she has a call tone.
    02-15-09 06:16 PM
    I have sprint. I dont think there are ringback tones on BBs.
    02-16-09 02:35 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I know you can have call tones on Sprint but wasn't sure if the curve supported them.
    02-16-09 03:27 PM
    I've read that the BBs here don't . But, unlike their regular phones, we can d/l free ringers at will. I had fits trying to get free ringers on my old phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 03:54 PM
    The ringback tones are a function of your carrier, not your phone. If your carrier supports them you should be able to use them on any phone.
    02-16-09 04:12 PM
    The ringback tones are a function of your carrier, not your phone. If your carrier supports them you should be able to use them on any phone.
    I was about to make this point. It seems weird that only specific devices can do this for Sprint. I know Sprint can't be THAT bad.
    02-16-09 04:14 PM
    They are carrier dependant, not device. Doesn't matter what device you are using, it should work. From a cheap flip phone to a BlackBerry, all the same.
    02-16-09 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD