I've been a huge Blackberry fan for many years now, and subsequently i became hooked on Crackberry.com
    Crackberry had become an essential part of my morning coffee everyday, and an integral part of my online breaks. I turn out to the site when i find an issue on my phone, so i can find or ask for a solution, or read a review about an app, or check some tips and tricks, or provide a new trick i find, etc.
    What i'm seeing lately is that for every thread created, users start to trash-talk each other, usually starting by someone throwing out his anger or new found hatred for blackberry, but even sometimes when a newbie asks a simple question, and people start trolling him.
    Whether I am checking a thread about a problem with a native app, or reading an article about rebranding RIM, i have to dig super deep in the comment list to find useful info, as the threads are now overwhelmed with trash and trolling comments.
    I can immagine the big amount of trolling comments i will receive on this thread, but it is a small step for me trying to ring a wake-up call for people around these forums.
    If you are a member of these forums, this means that for some reason you were attracted to blackberry. If you are not anymore, then no need to come and trash talk. It is quite constructive to point out the flaws and the draw backs, for Blackberry to seek issues to improve, and for the community to learn more about the blackberry phones, but if you only want to spill your hate about blackberry, you might as well save your energy and wise words, and turn them around into good stuff on iPhone or Android forums.
    I also suggest to create a forum category such as "I hate blackberry", and let everyone release their steam there, so the rest of the threads can go back to becoming helpful, instead of becoming useless pages of flaming, trashing and trolling.

Just a thought..
    07-10-13 11:56 PM
    If only it were that easy.

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    07-11-13 12:03 AM
    Yup. People here are ruthless!

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    07-11-13 02:01 AM
    Watching you guys fight with each other is the only reason I come here. That and the stock market conspiracy theories. Don't take it away from me!
    h20work, mikeo007 and BBThemes like this.
    07-11-13 02:31 AM
    Gut feeling, there are paid persons and shysters that frequent the forums to deliberately troll and cause chaos for BBRY and Crackberry addicts. And even more so since BB10 has been out.

And we are feeding the trolls well, even I got caught up in it.

Heed my words, just sayin'.
    07-11-13 02:43 AM
    Gut feeling, there are paid persons and shysters that frequent the forums to deliberately troll and cause chaos for BBRY and Crackberry addicts. And even more so since BB10 has been out.

And we are feeding the trolls well, even I got caught up in it.

Heed my words, just sayin'.
    That didn't take long
    07-11-13 05:50 AM
    If only it were that easy.

Posted via CB10 from my B@d@ss Z10
    It actually is....I know the forums have rules, but many times, they are ignored...
    start banning the forum trolls, and we'd see an improvement, methinks....
    07-11-13 06:14 AM
    Good thought I but if I read this right the troublemakers have an agenda so I doubt they would get anything out of that special section.

I am new to the forum and it seems like a huge great community but not really moderated?

Seems like that would be an obvoius first start?
    Or if it's too big now, simply a section thatc called moderated posts.

I would prefer it be more for sharing knowledge...tips...honest frustrations...contributions to the discourse. maybe I am showing my age or for some this is what forum culture is...mindless hit and run posts that are "fun" for the poster

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 06:25 AM
    IMO, the biggest problem I see around here are the ad-hominem and personal attacks. Folks (for some reason) feel very strongly about their pocket communications devices, so when they feel someone else is attacking said devices, they counterattack the poster themselves.

Definition of ad-hominem:

Translated from Latin to English, "Ad Hominem" means "against the man" or "against the person."

An Ad Hominem is a general category of fallacies in which a claim or argument is rejected on the basis of some irrelevant fact about the author of or the person presenting the claim or argument. Typically, this fallacy involves two steps. First, an attack against the character of person making the claim, her circumstances, or her actions is made (or the character, circumstances, or actions of the person reporting the claim). Second, this attack is taken to be evidence against the claim or argument the person in question is making (or presenting). This type of "argument" has the following form:

Person A makes claim X.
    Person B makes an attack on person A.
    Therefore A's claim is false.
    Ad-hominem attacks are very easy to spot, and sadly they serve only to diminish the position of the posters guilty of engaging in them. Most of the ones here take the form of something like this:

"X is just a troll who likes to come here and stir up trouble."

Part B of the ad-hominem in such cases is simply inferred.
    07-11-13 08:25 AM
    Seabreeze, you can always find good advice and tips n tricks, despite everything else

Jegs2, hehe, thumbs up for the technical analysis. Loved it
    07-13-13 01:41 AM
    Unfortunately there's a select 3 or 4 people in these forums that love to talk down anything positive and always try to make the thread about them nd their problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:17 AM