Of course and with a mindset of apps no matter what leads to not reading, caring, and just installing.
    If you're a strawman.
    09-24-16 05:31 PM
    Of course and with a mindset of apps no matter what leads to not reading, caring, and just installing.
    Ditto for the device itself. Your cellular service. The websites you visit. Etc.

Or do those get a pass because otherwise your argument is invalidated?
    09-24-16 06:09 PM
    Can you quantify the Dtek function and how much it matters at android central. I'm curious.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    09-24-16 07:56 PM
    I just can't wait until there is a Blackberry with a fingerprint scanner and all of the people who have renounced it over the years will suddenly embrace it.
    I really like the iris scanner on my Note 7. Now, before anyone decides to make fun of me because of the battery issue that Samsung went through, they already cleaned that up.
    09-24-16 09:15 PM
    Simple solutions: spend all your money on Kevlar gloves before they can steal it from your bank account.
    You might need some fire resistant ones for certain other phones... :-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    09-25-16 03:45 PM
    I really like the iris scanner on my Note 7. Now, before anyone decides to make fun of me because of the battery issue that Samsung went through, they already cleaned that up.
    I'm reading through comments top down. Sorry... :-D

(edit: most of the time)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    shaleem likes this.
    09-25-16 03:46 PM
    A slab is a slab is a slab.

That's why we need a genuine keyboard device to pick up the slab, ... ahem slack! :-D

09-25-16 03:49 PM
    I just can't wait until there is a Blackberry with a fingerprint scanner and all of the people who have renounced it over the years will suddenly embrace it.
    I am against using biometric data (as passwords). Still will be, even if BlackBerry releases a phone with a fingerprint scanner. It looks like the DTEK60 has one.

It is a shame they bring it, but yes most people care more about convenience than security and I am sure it is very convenient. All I can now hope for is that it remains optional forever. I dread the day they make it the only option for passwords...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-16 04:02 PM
    I am against using biometric data (as passwords). Still will be, even if BlackBerry releases a phone with a fingerprint scanner. It looks like the DTEK60 has one.

It is a shame they bring it, but yes most people care more about convenience than security and I am sure it is very convenient. All I can now hope for is that it remains optional forever. I dread the day they make it the only option for passwords...

Posted via CB10
    What is the dislike for that type of security?
    09-25-16 07:34 PM
    What is the dislike for that type of security?
    It is very convenient, but is usually disabled in a high-secure environment.

Someone can physically force you to unlock your device, and most law enforcement jurisdictions can make you use biometrics to unlock a device.
    09-25-16 07:39 PM
    It is very convenient, but is usually disabled in a high-secure environment.

Someone can physically force you to unlock your device, and most law enforcement jurisdictions can make you use biometrics to unlock a device.
    When you say force you to unlock your device, do you mean by a written law or by physical intervention? I am picturing some muscle monkey cops pinning my arm down trying to place my index finger on my phone....
    09-25-16 07:41 PM
    When you say force you to unlock your device, do you mean by a written law or by physical intervention? I am picturing some muscle monkey cops pinning my arm down trying to place my index finger on my phone....
    Both.
    09-25-16 07:44 PM
37 12