My Curve has created a Device Default calender recently that will not syn with the Desktop manager. Everything worked fine until last week. Now all my calender items will not move to desktop.

The Device Default is not the default calender on my phone, nor is it an option

H E L P ! ! !
    08-03-09 11:36 AM
    In Calendar->Options do you have only one Calendar? Or multiple? If multiple and you really only have one that you use:
    Go to Options->Advanced Options->Service Book . Do you have any unwanted CICAL entries (e.g. there's one for facebook calendar but you don't use facebook calendar)? If there are delete them and do a soft reset/battery pull.

When you say move to the desktop, to which application? Outlook? Lotus Notes? Or DM's Backup/Restore Advanced option and the Calendar DB?
    08-03-09 01:17 PM
    There are multiple calenders. It will not let me select Device Default as a calender option. I have only one CICAL in the service books which is related to my e-mail address.
    Blackberry Desktop Manager doesn't see the Device Default (calender) therefore will not sync it with Outlook.
    08-03-09 02:48 PM
    Could you be more specific?
    -Exactly what calendars are listed? Just the one for your email address and the device default? Or are there more?
    -Can you delete the CICAL service book for your email address? Or do you need the calendar entries associated with that CICAL?

For me occasionally the facebook CICAL or gmail CICAL will appear and take precedence over the device default calendar even though the "Blackberry Calendar application" checkbox in the FB app is not selected. I have to delete the fb CICAL service book and do a reset to get everything back to normal.
    08-03-09 03:07 PM
    This has happened to me after an OS upgrade. I recommend backing up your phone first (in case this doesn't work...but it should), then delete ALL of your CICAL service books...every one of them. Then reboot the phone and sync.
    08-03-09 04:33 PM
    Yes!! I am glad I finally found this thread. I am having the same problem. Facebook keeps popping up then disappearing and it causes my default entries to get all goofed up. How do you know which entry is going to be synced? I am going to try deleting all of the CICAL books and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 08:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD