[I hope I'm posting this in the right place in the forums.]

I have 4 email accounts that I access through my BB (using T-Mobile's BIS), and a single calendar that I use in MS Outlook (associated with only one of the email accounts I have, my work account). I sync that calendar to my BB through DM. I noticed, fairly recently , that I actually have 4 calendars on my BB (one for each email account), and this seems to have led to 2 problems: 1) the calendar items sync'ed through DM show up in a particular calendar, but not the one I'd like (because they actually belong to a different account); and 2) some items are duplicated in multiple calendars.

Is there some way to create an affinity between the calendar items being sync'ed through DM and a particular calendar on the BB? I couldn't find anything to control this in the DM UI or on the BB, but I easily could've missed it. And would creating such an affinity eliminated the duplicate entries? If not, is there some other way of eliminating duplicates (I read on some other threads about deleting CICAL entries in the service books, but I'm not sure if that would work in my case).
    06-07-09 01:22 AM
    Are you looking to just eliminate all of the calednars except one? If so, you can simply filter the calendar app to oneemail address and delete all events prior and simply delete the remaining recurring event.

I had to do this not to long ago. 1100 events took about 3 minutes to eliminate them all from a duplicate calendar.
    06-07-09 11:16 AM
    Are you looking to just eliminate all of the calednars except one? If so, you can simply filter the calendar app to oneemail address and delete all events prior and simply delete the remaining recurring event.

I had to do this not to long ago. 1100 events took about 3 minutes to eliminate them all from a duplicate calendar.
    I think this will only solve part of my problem, because although I could filter the app and only see one calendar, I'd still have the problem that when I sync in the future those future events may show up in a different calendar.
    06-07-09 12:14 PM
    Mmm try going to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services and set the default calendar to the one you desire. After doing this, you might have double entries the next time you sync. In this case, you would have to clear all the calendar entries on your phone before syncing again. To do this, go to Desktop Manager > Backup and Restore > Advanced and on the right column (the Device column) scroll down to Calendar - All and delete it.
    06-07-09 12:17 PM
    Mmm try going to Options > Advanced Options > Default Services and set the default calendar to the one you desire. After doing this, you might have double entries the next time you sync. In this case, you would have to clear all the calendar entries on your phone before syncing again. To do this, go to Desktop Manager > Backup and Restore > Advanced and on the right column (the Device column) scroll down to Calendar - All and delete it.
    Yes, that's the setting I was looking for; thanks for pointing it out. I'm sure I've seen this setting before but didn't realize what exactly it controlled.
    06-07-09 01:48 PM
    I would like to sync my outlook calendar at work to email1, and my calendar on my home computer to email2. That would give me the option on BB to show or hide one or either of the calendars. Is there a way to do this so I don't have to go Options->Advanced->Default Services and change email before every sync? It will only be a matter of time before I screw that up!

~S
    01-19-10 10:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD