OK lets see if I make sense here. My main email is through yahoo so that is the site I primarily use. I also have gmail and hotmail accts. My question is this, I use my yahoo calendar for scheduling, and my BB (8310) calendar also, obviously they dont sync together, Is there an app that I can use that will allow me to see my yahoo (or other) calendar directly on my BB. Or do I have to download yahoo togo which is soooo slow and unreliable. Other than that I can only know whats on my yahoo by sending daily notifications. Help please
    03-26-09 10:17 PM
    Why not use GoogleSync since you have Gmail? I use GS and it works like a champ - I assume you are on Vista and have no outlook? That would be the easiest way I guess..... Once you set it up and download the app its either automatic or like I have it just a button push away from sync.....I have never used Yahoo mail so I am not familiar with any of it.....
    03-26-09 10:23 PM
    yeah google sync is the way to go
    03-26-09 10:25 PM
    AH I was gonna try that but since I am not to familiar with gmail, I steered away from it. Thanks for the tip
    03-26-09 10:29 PM
    AH I was gonna try that but since I am not to familiar with gmail, I steered away from it. Thanks for the tip
    Never a problem, glad to help. Holler if you get stuck.....

Here is the link just in case

Google Mobile - Sync
    03-26-09 10:33 PM
    GoogleSync for calendar is great, I'm not convinced it's that great for continuous updating of contacts though. I was gonna mention Yahoo! ToGo, but you mentioned it as well, so you already know about it obviously. I put it on a friend's Curve and seemed to work ok on hers, sorry you had some trouble with the speed of it.
    03-26-09 10:34 PM
    Thanks to you all for the advice. I just downloaded GS and so far so good. Just one more question, how long of a time frame is it that my BB and gmail "talk" with each other for updates on the calendar?
    03-26-09 10:59 PM
    Every 2 hours if on Automatic or whenever you make changes on the Berry.... I use manual and do it every other night or so......... I also set it up to not do contacts after I got them all synced once... Saves time lol........

Within GS just hit menu button to get to the options and edit accordingly.
    03-26-09 11:07 PM
    Awesome, once again I thank you for your time. I bet you have helped me out at least 6-7 or more times
    03-26-09 11:10 PM
    Awesome, once again I thank you for your time. I bet you have helped me out at least 6-7 or more times
    Never a problem, glad to help and I am glad you got it all sorted out.
    03-26-09 11:12 PM
    If I can piggyback on this thread, my calendar appears to be set up to sync with the email of my BB's previous owner. When I open the calendar and select Options, his email address is under Calendars. When I select it, I can change the appointment color and toggle wireless synchronization and reminders. Then it says there's one entry (which I can't find) and that's it. How do I delete this account from my phone?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 11:23 PM
    I am guessing the easiest way would be to call your carrier.

You can delete the service books off the device for his stuff and then log into the BIS to set your email up. The new service books would be pushed to your device.

Once that is done for the calendar make sure you go to options>adv options>default svcs>calendar - make sure your email is the default.

Never done this just sorta winging it, might be wiser to call the carrier and have them set it all up for you or wait for a guru to pop in and assist ya....
    03-26-09 11:33 PM
    The only prob with google sync is that it will take your Birthdays and schedule them from the afternoon of the day prior into the actual birthday. Weird. I thought it was a time zone setting issue... now im not so sure.

Apparebty, Google has no answer for this bug: Google sync corrupting birthday events on BlackBerry Storm / Google Calendar - Calendar Help

Its not just on the Storm, either.
    Last edited by jackm3; 03-27-09 at 06:13 AM.
    03-27-09 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD