There should be a way that bb can make an event list from ur calendar entries by field. Does anyone know if this is possible or how to do this? Or if there is an app? Thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 11:21 AM
    Not sure I totally understand your question, but I'm assuming you're already familiar with BB's "Agenda View" option within the calendar function. Is that what you're talking about?

Or could you clarify what you mean by making a list by "field"?
    01-11-11 01:25 PM
    I was thikning the same thing just use the Agenda View option.
    01-11-11 01:30 PM
    Yeah agenda view fool
    01-11-11 01:59 PM
    Not sure I totally understand your question, but I'm assuming you're already familiar with BB's "Agenda View" option within the calendar function. Is that what you're talking about?

Or could you clarify what you mean by making a list by "field"?
    No, i'm familiar with the agenda view.....what i'm wondering is if there is a way that I could pull or sort by just birthdays on the calendar or specific events on the calendar? I had a friend ask me this, and I don't think this is possible....I think there is a calendar app you could potentially do it with, but wasn't sure if CB knew of another way it could be done. example...i want to see all birthdays in my calendar. The more I think about it, the more I think my friend needs to write an app to do this, because I can't think of any way to do it. Appreciate everyone's feedback
    01-11-11 07:53 PM
    No, i'm familiar with the agenda view.....what i'm wondering is if there is a way that I could pull or sort by just birthdays on the calendar or specific events on the calendar? I had a friend ask me this, and I don't think this is possible....I think there is a calendar app you could potentially do it with, but wasn't sure if CB knew of another way it could be done. example...i want to see all birthdays in my calendar. The more I think about it, the more I think my friend needs to write an app to do this, because I can't think of any way to do it. Appreciate everyone's feedback
    Err, On OS5 on my 9700 I used to go to the "search" option and simply type in the term "Birthday" and check mark "Calendar".

That did it.

On OS6 with Universal Search, it's even easier. I just type in "Birthday" on the homescreen and then I see the number of Bday events under the calendar icon (on the search results page). Clicking on that calendar icon gives me a list view of all the Birthdays on my calendar.
    01-11-11 11:56 PM
    Err, On OS5 on my 9700 I used to go to the "search" option and simply type in the term "Birthday" and check mark "Calendar".
    That's an interesting tip. I'm on OS 5.975 and just tried doing what you suggested, but it brought up no Birthdays from my calendar OR my contacts even though I have plenty of birthdays entered. Maybe others will have different results.

It did work, however, when I entered the name of a recurring conference call into the search field and checked Calendar. Generated a a list of entries with that item, so maybe the OP could still use the search function somehow to do what she's after.
    01-12-11 08:39 AM
    Neicy, I just happened to notice this entry on the CB Blog today and figured it'd be something for you to look into. I'm not positive it's the Calendar Searching App you're wanting, but it might be: http://crackberry.com/review-search-...ry-quitesimple
    01-12-11 03:04 PM
    That's an interesting tip. I'm on OS 5.975 and just tried doing what you suggested, but it brought up no Birthdays from my calendar OR my contacts even though I have plenty of birthdays entered. Maybe others will have different results.

It did work, however, when I entered the name of a recurring conference call into the search field and checked Calendar. Generated a a list of entries with that item, so maybe the OP could still use the search function somehow to do what she's after.
    Weird. Works just fine for me.
    Suggestion: Could you just open one of the birthday entries (calendar) and see how "birthday" is spelt? Just a thought.
    01-15-11 11:28 PM
    There is an App called think of me that will show all the birthdays in your contact list.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-11 08:19 AM
    I suspect the failed birthday search is because a birthday populated from Contacts is "virtual" and that test does not actually exist. I created a test "birthday" appt and searched - that appt was the only one found even though I have tons of birthdays from Contacts on my calendar. OS5 for me.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-16-11 09:05 AM
    Hmmm.

Well, I have added all Bdays through the Contacts itself.
    The only difference I can think of is - I sync my Contacts and Calendar with my Gmail account. Perhaps when it's syncing, it CREATES an entry in the Calendar for all the Bdays.

Can't think of any other explanation.
    01-17-11 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD