I have a question about my blackberry, I have the storm. I would like to input date into my calendar on my PC and then sync it with my blackberry. Ihave no idea how to do this. Do I have to have special software?
    05-23-09 02:54 PM
    Desktop manager is used to synchronize your Calendar, Memo Pad, Address Book, and tasks. You should already have this on the CD that came with your Storm.

What email program are you using? Assuming Outlook:

-- Connect you BB
    -- Open Desktop Manager
    -- Click Synchronize
    -- Make sure synchronize organizer data is checked
    -- Under Configure, click synchronization
    -- Click synchronization beside "Configure synchronization settings for my desktop program"
    -- Intellisync dialog will appear click checkbox for Calendar
    -- Calendar setup dialog will appear
    -- Pick your email client and click next
    -- Follow the wizard to determine if you want one-way, two-way sync etc.
    -- Chose your options in the next dialog
    -- Click next one more time and then finish then OK
    -- Now you can click synchronize from the left menu
    -- Click synchronize beside "Update device date and time and your data should sync between your calendar and your Storm.

**Edit, you can also click on Advanced if you want more control over what gets synced, changed the field mappings between your client and the Blackberry, and what to do to handle conflicts. I just use the defaults.......
    Last edited by armedtank; 05-23-09 at 03:53 PM.
    05-23-09 03:48 PM
    What if I don't have outlook and just have a calendar that was on my pc
    05-23-09 04:22 PM
    What if I don't have outlook and just have a calendar that was on my pc
    What kind of calendar? If you are talking about windows calendar, then it should be pretty much the same steps. Your list of available calendar applications should be detected by desktop manager.
    Last edited by armedtank; 05-23-09 at 04:29 PM.
    05-23-09 04:27 PM
    You can use the Google Calendar if you don't have Outlook.
    05-23-09 04:31 PM
    It gives me either a yahoo choice or an ASCII choice
    05-23-09 04:36 PM
    What kind of calendar is it? I did some quick research and it seems that Blackberry doesn't sync with the Vista Calendar. Sucks, I know but you could always grab a gmail or yahoo account and sync your calendar entries there and then sync to you blackberry. If someone knows of a way to sync the built in Windows calendar, I am fresh out of ideas, it doesn't seem to be supported by RIMM..........
    05-23-09 04:47 PM
    Thanks for all your help
    I may end up getting a google account. I really love this site. All my questions get answered-thanks
    05-23-09 05:02 PM
    you have to try Google Calendar with Google Sync. It works perfectly. Type on your PC in Google and it automatically syncs with your BB. I've had it for 4 weeks and it's great.
    05-23-09 05:58 PM
    I LOVE my google sync! A plus is that my boyfriend and I sync our calendars too so we both know what's going on. Another plus is that you can access a google calendar from any PC too. I highly recommend.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 06:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD