A QR reader (check) and Socrative Student and Myhomework planner.

Anyone sideloaded these (which I've never done...yet) or had luck with the mobile version?

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:50 PM
    In case I wasn't clear in my post, I meant those 3 apps are needed.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 06:51 PM
    Admittedly this is the first I've heard of the latter two, but it appears that they have web apps available. Those should work on the BB10 browser.
    shellnsean likes this.
    08-12-13 06:54 PM
    Seems insane, what if the students can't afford a phone. I'm also including the parents.

Flicked via Z10
    jason9900 and shellnsean like this.
    08-12-13 07:04 PM
    It does seem odd. I agree with that.
    All prior years, devices were completely prohibited. Now this year, the HSs are on wi-fi and you are strongly encouraged to have a "WiFi enabled device " but of course smart phones could be out of a lot of family's budgets, so any tablet or iPod could work. I know, these also cost $ but, they are counting it as a school supply.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:14 PM
    She always had iPod Touches and loves those. But since her bday and getting the Z10, wow....loves it.

Her fingers fly! She loves it and hasn't even looked at the iPod since.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:15 PM
    It does look like the Socrative Web version, when adding to the homepage, does the trick very nicely. Seems a neat and interactive way for a classroom to play educational games.
    Myhomework planner looks like a lot of people use it from the reviews. It's even available for Windows phones....

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:31 PM
    If I still had a child in High School, and the school placed mobile devices on the school supplies list my child brings home... I'd track down a local news reporter and cameraman, then march right up to the principal's office and make a big stink.
    08-12-13 07:36 PM
    Really?
    I think a lot of schools are going the way of mobile devices.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:40 PM
    ...and, I don't know if it makes a difference. But her HS is a career center where they take college career classes too. Not just dual credit, but actual college classes in conjunction with a local community college. Perhaps that's part of why.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:43 PM
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    Yep. Schools these days are really trying to make tablets a staple. Really didn't know some were being all inclusive with wifi devices though.

I'm 24 years old and to watch this paradigm shift is amazing. In high school, we'd get our cellphones confiscated at the drop of a hat!

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 07:44 PM
    Really?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, a lot of them are. But I've yet to see one that placed the cost of the mobile devices upon the parents' shoulders.
    08-12-13 07:46 PM
    It does look like the Socrative Web version, when adding to the homepage, does the trick very nicely. Seems a neat and interactive way for a classroom to play educational games.
    Myhomework planner looks like a lot of people use it from the reviews. It's even available for Windows phones....

Posted via CB10
    this works with a lot of websites...Facebook for example, is WAY better than the actual blackberry app...sad but true

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:14 PM
    A QR reader (check) and Socrative Student and Myhomework planner.

Anyone sideloaded these (which I've never done...yet) or had luck with the mobile version?

She needs a phone that meets her needs.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 08:28 PM
    I hadn't said, "she needs a phone that meets her needs." But I guess those are your words. Looked like it was part of my quote.

She has the phone she wants. These apps seem like they will work as mobile Web versions. And if for some reason they don't, she has her iPod Touch and her sister's Kindle Fire tablet she could take to school for "WiFi enabled devices "

Posted via CB10
    08-12-13 09:09 PM