I use Google keep. It works well for my needs.
    I like Google Keep too. Well integrated for the Priv.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-02-16 09:14 AM
    I've moved to OneNote. It works on Windows, Web, Android, and iOS. No BB10 app though. Seamless syncing and it is free.
    It also works with MacOS.
    07-02-16 10:24 AM
    I have been using Evernote in the past on BB10 (and a Priv now), together with two mac desktops and an iPad. That worked pretty good, but now Evernote has made the decision to ask $4 a month if you use it on more than two devices.
    in my country evernote ask for 12 $/year for PLUS option and 25$/year for Premium.
    07-02-16 12:20 PM
    Agree with this. Bye bye evernote. Hello OneNote.
    Something to help the transition for others.
    https://www.onenote.com/import-evernote-to-onenote
    Ran the import tool yesterday. On to OneNote!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Avenzuno likes this.
    07-02-16 12:24 PM
    Mods, can you please move this thread to the proper forum (3rd party apps)?
    07-02-16 03:20 PM
    I can't speak for everyone, but for me it's a bad move because of the subscription - if it was a one-time fee, that wouldn't bother me so much. The problem with subscription apps is those add up very quickly - imagine if more devs decide to use a subscription model. Even if you only had 10 apps, at Evernote pricing that's $40USD per month. I have a feeling the app business wouldn't be so booming if that becomes the norm.
    Imagine if food were free? Farming would be booming ;-)
    07-03-16 09:41 AM
    Reminds me of how Netflix alienated customers a few years back, when greed got the better of them.
    OMFG, I had forgotten about that. People think "Priv" is a horrible name; try "Qwikster" on for size.
    07-03-16 10:39 AM
    Imagine if food were free? Farming would be booming ;-)
    Interesting topic. We went from being hunter/gatherers where food was plentiful and free, to being convinced we had to pay for it.
    07-03-16 11:30 AM
    Interesting topic. We went from being hunter/gatherers where food was plentiful and free, to being convinced we had to pay for it.
    Have to work for it either way.

07-03-16 12:12 PM
    Have to work for it either way.

If you study it, it's not even close.
    07-03-16 12:38 PM
    I've moved to OneNote. It works on Windows, Web, Android, and iOS. No BB10 app though. Seamless syncing and it is free.
    This.

Once I got OneNote I forgot about Evernote and the others.
    TgeekB likes this.
    07-03-16 12:43 PM
    Evernote is a true platform-agnostic app. There aren't reallly that many full cross-platform apps out there. Plus Evernote provides full support to BB10 which is clealry not the case of other apps that are encouraging users to change devices of all things.
    It costs a lot to support every platform. BlackBerry users, of which I am one, scream unfairness when an ap stops support. If we want support we do need to chip in to help out.
    And two devices remain free.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:07 PM
    Because it has been free for so long and other note apps are also free?

NOTHING is "FREE" you will be paying on Android indirectly. I personally would rather cough up the price whatever it is to remain in control of my information.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-16 01:56 PM
    The slow downfall of Evernote, is that it was initially feature rich in an era where there there were few alternatives to match it. Times have changed, and now Evernote is working to monetize during a revenue decline.

There are plenty of alternatives now. Granted, not many (if any) cover all the featuers all in one app ike Evernote did. However, a lot of users have adopted a separate services and apps mentality that complement each other instead of relying upon one app to do it all.

Many people have moved on from the One App Does All mentality. Both Microsoft and Google have alternatives. Sure, you can point at either Google Keep or Microsoft One Note, and find features missing from Evernote. Except that Google and Microsoft also offer other services that instead of being incorporated into their note taking apps, are covered in other services.

In the case of Google Keep, if you use it in conjunction with Drive and Docs, you get all of the same features for free (with the only exception being a web clipper, but that's somewhat made up for with the ability of Google Drive having a default of saving websites as a PDF). One note covers all the bases too, just not all in one app, though it takes a 365 subscription that is comparable to the Evernote model.
    07-03-16 03:37 PM
    Because it has been free for so long and other note apps are also free?

You'd wonder why....? ;-D

("statistical" data exfiltration...?)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    07-03-16 03:49 PM
    2 devices is more than enough. If you need Evernote on more than 2 devices you should pay for it.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-16 05:32 PM
    Well, for me it's a matter of rolling with the punches and dealing with Evernote, much like I have to deal with the slow BB10 demise. So, I will keep my main Evernote account on both my Mac and Classic, since I prefer the BlackBerry PKB over my iPhone's VKB. For the iPhone and my Q10, I'll use either my other, pretty much abandoned Evernote account, or perhaps a OneNote account.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    07-04-16 08:01 PM
    I am another user for Onenote.

By the way, the android version works well with BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-16 09:14 AM
    I've been using Evernote but I'm also already paying a subscription for 100 gb of storage on OneDrive. I already use OneNote some of the time, so it just makes sense for me to use it more, rather than pay another subscription. For my usage, the two are pretty much equivalent.
    daynebca likes this.
    07-05-16 09:38 AM
    If you study it, it's not even close.
    I both hunt/fish and forage/garden and yes all of the above are work.

07-26-16 12:49 PM
    Reminds me of how Netflix alienated customers a few years back, when greed got the better of them.
    Except that it was the studios' greed that got to Netflix, not Netflix's greed. The reason they had to change their rates is because when Netflix's licenses came time to be renewed, the studios wanted a 1000% increase. Even with Netflix not renewing some content, they were still hit with huge fee increases, and like any service provider, they have to pass those fees on to the customer or go bankrupt.
    07-26-16 09:10 PM
71 123