Just switched from Evernote to Google Keep. Works nice.
    06-30-16 10:51 AM
    With a couple of BlackBerries, an iPhone, and a Mac, I am thinking of opening up a second Evernote account, so I can have two free accounts. I'll need to set all this up soon.

Posted via CB10 | SQC100-4 Classic in Cobalt Blue
    06-30-16 11:04 AM
    Reminds me of how Netflix alienated customers a few years back, when greed got the better of them.
    How is this a similar situation? Have you offered your work for free for years and then the moment you decide to finally charge for your work, it's due to greed?
    06-30-16 03:31 PM
    How is this a similar situation? Have you offered your work for free for years and then the moment you decide to finally charge for your work, it's due to greed?
    Well, let's try another analogy:

For years and years, you have a puppy that pees on the floor. All that time you say, "Now now, you shouldn't do that," and you take no further action.

Then one day, the puppy pees on the floor, you pull out a revolver and shoot it dead.

If Evernote wanted to charge, they could do what just about every other app out there does - offer a paid service for premium features, vice seriously hamstringing those they've strung along for years with the free service.

They didn't.

Now they'll suffer for it.
    06-30-16 04:46 PM

For years and years, you have a puppy that pees on the floor. All that time you say, "Now now, you shouldn't do that," and you take no further action.

Then one day, the puppy pees on the floor, you pull out a revolver and shoot it dead.

If Evernote wanted to charge, they could do what just about every other app out there does - offer a paid service for premium features, vice seriously hamstringing those they've strung along for years with the free service.

They didn't.

Ahahahahahahahahaahhahaha.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-16 05:55 PM
    I've been using Evernote for almost 3 years, 2 Blackberry 10 & Priv along with a HP running Windows 10 ... works fine foe application .... easy file/picture sharing for background project management. A one time user registration fee might be the way to go. There are times that we [small users] are being nickel & dimed to death ... 2$ here 4$ there adds ...
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-30-16 06:09 PM

They didn't.

Well, they did have a premium package and now they'll have free (with reduced features), mid, and premium. It's obviously a risk they were willing to take, with some free going to mid and some premium going to mid, so where's the greed?
    06-30-16 07:53 PM
    This is really disappointing from Evernote. BlackBerry should develop a cross-platform solution.
    Good luck with that.
    06-30-16 09:59 PM
    I still don't understand why people think they deserve **** for free.
    In this case, I agree. Unless Evernote is monetizing customer data.

Any company who monetizes customer data should be providing their service for free. Imo.
    werkregen likes this.
    07-01-16 12:22 AM
    Heavy Evernote (Premium) and Onenote user so I thought I'd chime in. I've gained a few years worth of Premium subscription from multiple credits derived from Moleskin products and other assorted digital pens like Livescribe 3.

For the infrequent to basic user, Onenote is a no brainer, but on BB10 it's molasses slow. Brilliant database/category/research/school notes app. Inking isn't the best but good enough.

Evernote can't compete in the above context with Onenote but in cross platform apps, particularly BB10 it really works. The OCR trumps Onenote, particularly if you are into digital handwriting from within the Evernote ecosystem, via Evernote Moleskin or in my case use something like a Livescribe or Neo pen (their companion apps can sync automatically to Evernote). The iPad pro has made this an even bigger deal since it's perfect for Evernote OCR, particularly if you export into it.

Evernote is worth it if you keep lots of notes, journals, logs, ideas and keep them in the one app eco system.

I use Evernote for all my chronological notes (e.g journal) and Onenote for my studies and work research.

I'm just chuffed the Evernote app has been so useable on BB10. The Android app works great on the Passport as well. I'm not aware of any other cross platform app that allows you such flexibility across multiple hardware platforms and is also useable on BB10. Onenote is a bit clunky on a phone in comparison to Evernote.

If it's good and of value, paying for a service shouldn't be an issue.

 Classic via CB
    Last edited by Pixel Spartan; 07-01-16 at 01:34 AM.
    07-01-16 12:56 AM
    Well, they did have a premium package and now they'll have free (with reduced features), mid, and premium. It's obviously a risk they were willing to take, with some free going to mid and some premium going to mid, so where's the greed?
    From zero dollars ever ... to $4 a month, for features that were once free.

Look bud, I'm obviously not gonna convince you it's a stupid move on their part, so you go right ahead and shell out your personal bread for the product if you like. It's no skin off my nose. Nor is is worth my time to post any more about it.
    07-01-16 06:03 AM
    Get OneNote from Amazon app store.
    It works.

But auto adjustment of font for scroll-less view is a tad disappointing

Posted via CB10
    07-01-16 10:07 AM
    I've been quite happy using Google Keep for my notes since moving to android. Its nice to have the auto sync to your Google account and to be able to access them at keep.google.com too.
    07-01-16 11:53 AM
    From zero dollars ever ... to $4 a month, for features that were once free.

Look bud, I'm obviously not gonna convince you it's a stupid move on their part, so you go right ahead and shell out your personal bread for the product if you like. It's no skin off my nose. Nor is is worth my time to post any more about it.
    Maybe it's a stupid move on their part, but the idea of charging for product that was once free isn't necessarily greed on their part. They eventually need to make a living. Many companies these days start out with free to grow a user base, because not offering free pretty much will kill your product, even if it's great, because other people are offering free. At some point, you either go with the advertising model or charge for features. Some people don't mind advertising. Some people claim advertising makes you the product and resent the company, so they just want to pay for product.

Evernote - pay for product
    OneNote - who knows where Microsoft is taking this
    Google Keep - generally advertising model because it's Google
    07-01-16 12:14 PM
    Maybe it's a stupid move on their part, but the idea of charging for product that was once free isn't necessarily greed on their part. They eventually need to make a living. Many companies these days start out with free to grow a user base, because not offering free pretty much will kill your product, even if it's great, because other people are offering free. At some point, you either go with the advertising model or charge for features. Some people don't mind advertising. Some people claim advertising makes you the product and resent the company, so they just want to pay for product.

Evernote - pay for product
    OneNote - who knows where Microsoft is taking this
    Google Keep - generally advertising model because it's Google
    I can't speak for everyone, but for me it's a bad move because of the subscription - if it was a one-time fee, that wouldn't bother me so much. The problem with subscription apps is those add up very quickly - imagine if more devs decide to use a subscription model. Even if you only had 10 apps, at Evernote pricing that's $40USD per month. I have a feeling the app business wouldn't be so booming if that becomes the norm.
    07-01-16 01:29 PM
    you guys always say that you are professional people because you use Blackberry then complain for 4 bucks a month..
    LMAO
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    07-01-16 03:22 PM
    you guys always say that you are professional people because you use Blackberry then complain for 4 bucks a month..
    LMAO
    A penny saved is a penny earned.
    07-01-16 03:57 PM
    I can't speak for everyone, but for me it's a bad move because of the subscription - if it was a one-time fee, that wouldn't bother me so much. The problem with subscription apps is those add up very quickly - imagine if more devs decide to use a subscription model. Even if you only had 10 apps, at Evernote pricing that's $40USD per month. I have a feeling the app business wouldn't be so booming if that becomes the norm.
    It wasn't that long ago that BlackBerry Services was a subscription service. If it's worth it, you'll pay for it. If there are viable alternatives, you don't. The people who won't use Google Keep say it's because of Google's tracking, so they prefer OneNote, but is it safer? Windows 10 was free, but there were rumors of it going subscription, but that rumor was debunked, so how does Microsoft make its money?

Windows 10 Sends Your Data 5500 Times Every Day Even After Tweaking Privacy Settings

Maybe collecting data for advertising? (The analysis over counts, but data is being sent back to Microsoft.)

Adobe went subscription with its software suite. The arguments for was that the subscription price is a lot cheaper than buying the whole suite, you get access to every program in the suite and you always get the latest version. The arguments against was that over a long time, you'd be paying more, you might reach a point where your hardware can't run the latest and people prefer paying once because that's what they're used to. If you like Adobe software, you pretty much need to subscribe at this point.
    07-01-16 04:25 PM
    I've moved to OneNote. It works on Windows, Web, Android, and iOS. No BB10 app though. Seamless syncing and it is free.
    Use the Android version. Works fine on my Classic.
    07-01-16 06:43 PM
    A penny saved is a penny earned.
    Then people blow it on Starbucks for one cup of terrible coffee
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    07-01-16 06:45 PM
    It wasn't that long ago that BlackBerry Services was a subscription service. If it's worth it, you'll pay for it. If there are viable alternatives, you don't. The people who won't use Google Keep say it's because of Google's tracking, so they prefer OneNote, but is it safer? Windows 10 was free, but there were rumors of it going subscription, but that rumor was debunked, so how does Microsoft make its money?

Windows 10 Sends Your Data 5500 Times Every Day Even After Tweaking Privacy Settings

Maybe collecting data for advertising? (The analysis over counts, but data is being sent back to Microsoft.)

Adobe went subscription with its software suite. The arguments for was that the subscription price is a lot cheaper than buying the whole suite, you get access to every program in the suite and you always get the latest version. The arguments against was that over a long time, you'd be paying more, you might reach a point where your hardware can't run the latest and people prefer paying once because that's what they're used to. If you like Adobe software, you pretty much need to subscribe at this point.
    Like I said, I don't speak for everyone - I avoid renting, leasing, and/or subscribing if at all possible, so I'm biased towards just buying it once. Less money leaving my hands.
    jegs2 and Avenzuno like this.
    07-01-16 06:48 PM
    Humans are funny.
    07-01-16 07:12 PM
    When you look so hip with a starbucks in your hand the terrible taste of their coffee is ovelooked.

Posted via CB10
    MikeLip and TCB on Z10 like this.
    07-01-16 09:14 PM
    LMAO
    Evernote for many years now have had their paid for premium services for professionals. With the advent of charging $4 a month for previously free services, a professional would recognize that Evernote is on the decline due to competition in the market giving away a similar service/product for free. A professional seeing that decline, would likely deem it prudent to look into those alternatives that are chipping away at Evernote.
    jegs2 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    07-02-16 07:56 AM
    I use Google keep. It works well for my needs.
    Matt J and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    07-02-16 08:05 AM
71 123