Rim's success with some of the major players missing is like countries getting gold medals in Olympics where there were boycotts. There is always an Astrix attached to the total.
    BRILLIANT analogy!!!!!!!!!!! DANG if you didn't get it *JUST RIGHT.*
    01-19-13 07:38 AM
    PP is the same as me. Not a fan girl for a particular platform, but a fan girl of tech. She likes all platforms. Key difference between you and her. Your post smacks of taking your ball and going home. Android isn't going anywhere.

And I'm sorry, but your opinion is flawed. There's so much wrong or misrepresented in your wall of text I don't even know where to begin.

PHONE: Galaxy S3 Garnet Red
    ROM: AOKP Jellybean 4.2.1
    You know, I came back to these statements after I had some coffee to see if it was as bad as I remember from last night.....and yup....they were.
    The level of hatred is enormous.
    Imagine having to carry that much negativity with you all day. All of that hatred, because of a phone. But I suppose that is what fanboyism does.

Me....my iPhone4S, 9900, 9810, SGIII and iPad coexist peacefully. I'll be adding both the Z10 to the bunch in summer and later in the year either a Note3 or am SGIV to the mix...can't decide which one yet.
    01-19-13 08:02 AM
    Some people seem to imply being a fan of blackberry is a bad thing. God forbid being a fan of the blackberry platform on CrackBerry.com. Its not bye-bye for android atall. But the never ending daily defences of that platform seem to hint others are having a bias toward it.
    01-19-13 08:14 AM
    Some people seem to imply being a fan of blackberry is a bad thing. God forbid being a fan of the blackberry platform on CrackBerry.com. Its not bye-bye for android atall. But the never ending daily defences of that platform seem to hint others are having a bias toward it.
    +1
    01-19-13 08:42 AM
    Right.
    It's not bye bye Android at all. The title of the thread and the sentiments of the OP no evidence to the contrary.
    As a consumer user of BB 2008 and an enterprise user of BB since 2004, I know where the BB lagged behind my current daily driver, my SGIII. Like PP and Reeneebob, I call hogwash where I see it and I'm not blinded by fanboyism. Evidence my posts where discussion of the one area where BB continues to be unmatched, security and BES, are concerned. The difference between me and the posts I referenced is that I acknowledge where RIM has failed me and where others platforms are currently better for me.
    THIS site is open to dialogue, positive and negative. THIS site is not a blindfolded, kumbayah-singing site. THIS site embraces opinions so long as forum policies are observed, which is to say discuss the devices, the posts, and not insulting posters.
    The OP called himself a fanboy and his posts reflected that stance. I call myself platform agnostic and my posts reflect that stance. I use what works for me and as a current, past, and likely future user of BB, I post in THIS site, where all platforms are welcome as part of the Mobile Nations family of sites.
    Wishing a platform's demise, as the OP stated, is fanboyism, as the OP characterised himself, in its most rabid form. And benefits none.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-19-13 at 09:42 AM.
    01-19-13 09:20 AM
    It's called innovation.
    I think what the poster means is that most phones can do a lot if you write the software for it but Android phones, out of the box, cannot.

All phones can Voip if they have the correct software (and wifi), it just needed to be written. So you could say that your Android phone could Voip 5 years ago, it just needs the software.
    01-19-13 09:32 AM
    Think of it this way, which statement hold more merit?

"I love BlackBerry it's so great all the other operating systems suck in comparison. I don't have to actually use them to know they suck because BlackBerry is the best OS in the world and the king of innovation and I need tools not toys dagnabbit!"

Or

"I have extensive experience with [OS] and [OS] and [OS] and I can honestly say I'm blown away by BB10 more than anything I've previously used. RIM has a great new platform and I can see this being a hit with casual and business users alike."
    randall2580 likes this.
    01-19-13 09:32 AM
    I think what the poster means is that most phones can do a lot if you write the software for it but Android phones, out of the box, cannot.

All phones can Voip if they have the correct software (and wifi), it just needed to be written. So you could say that your Android phone could Voip 5 years ago, it just needs the software.
    And THAT is the beauty of my SGIII.

It's uniquely mine. I decide what I put on it.

My apps for my needs and my wants.

01-19-13 09:37 AM
    Hogwash article. Ridiculous assertion.....if Android is dead, with 70% marketshare, we could say that RIM has been food for worms for the whole of 2011 and 2012.

Seriously ridiculous argument.

Hate Android, who cares. The vast majority of consumers on different price points don't.
    ok, so i`ll preface this comment with saying i think the article is basically link baiting much like all their RIM articles, however...

Isnt the above the exact same thing alot of people were saying about RIM several years back?

im not saying their right or wrong, but i just hope the irony isnt lost on anyone lol
    01-19-13 09:40 AM
    And THAT is the beauty of my SGIII.

It's uniquely mine. I decide what I put on it.

My apps for my needs and my wants.

Yes, but to imply all Android phones can do something that only one companies phones can do is misleading. That is like me saying "Of course BB10 phones can communicate with Skype". They can if someone writes the software.
    01-19-13 09:41 AM
    Yes, but to imply all Android phones can do something that only one companies phones can do is misleading. That is like me saying "Of course BB10 phones can communicate with Skype". They can if someone writes the software.
    And where did I make the statement that only Android can use Skype?!? That it's as ridiculous an assertion as Android is dead.

01-19-13 09:44 AM
    ok, so i`ll preface this comment with saying i think the article is basically link baiting much like all their RIM articles, however...

Isnt the above the exact same thing alot of people were saying about RIM several years back?

im not saying their right or wrong, but i just hope the irony isnt lost on anyone lol
    Frankly I don't read that site more do I have any faith in any of its writers.

I trust the information here. The people here give me the right information.

As far as RIM is dead, I countered that incorrect statement at work, where I can make an impact. And I countered that argument each time I paid for a new BB.

But let's not pretend BB is not two years behind.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-19-13 09:52 AM
    That's no way for one penguin to talk to another. Now say your sorry please
    BTW I wonder who just made a new profile
    01-19-13 10:06 AM
    That's no way for one penguin to talk to another. Now say your sorry please
    I wonder which one this is.

01-19-13 10:06 AM
    BTW I wonder who just made a new profile
    Me too!
    01-19-13 10:08 AM
    I think that in a couple years wp 8 or 9, 10 (what ever number they're on then) will be the top platorm. Microsoft is really pushing hard.
    01-19-13 10:12 AM
    I have a secret admirer <3. I'm sure it's the same one that made 2 profiles to taunt me in the keyboard thread earlier.
    01-19-13 10:15 AM
    I have a secret admirer <3. I'm sure it's the same one that made 2 profiles to taunt me in the keyboard thread earlier.
    Verily a vast, vacuous, and vapid insulting verbosity verifying various vacated and voluminous attempts at overcoming prior bans....

01-19-13 10:32 AM
    I think that in a couple years wp 8 or 9, 10 (what ever number they're on then) will be the top platorm. Microsoft is really pushing hard.
    So is RIM
    01-19-13 10:49 AM
    Competition is a good thing. It's what drives companies to one up each other and not get complacent. RIM was one of the pioneers of the smartphone. Apple comes along a flips the industry upside down. The new and emerging Android OS and devices are quickly re-done to be functionally more identical and competitive to iOS rather than BBOS as it was originally intended. Windows Mobile was forced to evolve into Windows Phone. RIM buys QNX to use as the core of their new mobile OS.

Look at all that has happened since 2007. Can one honestly say RIM would've bought QNX and developed the BB10 OS we're all excited about if they weren't pushed into a battle for their survival? Probably not...the BB10 we'd be looking at would probably be yet another iteration of the tired old java based OS.
    01-19-13 10:54 AM
    They might be pushing hard but what they're pushing is not that great, they pushed hard twice now with WP7 and WP8 without much success. At some point share holders will put their foot down and stop the company waste all that incredible ammount of money on R&D
    01-19-13 10:57 AM

I agree with some points. I have BlackBerry as my main device, but, I've never had a problem utilizing.....whatever I want. Basically, my allegiance is based on my needs and doesn't include a lot of constant, antagonizing debates from all sides that reminds me of my preteens when a lot of us kids played "war" before school and at recess and actually fought on the playground. I also see this a lot in martial arts about which style is the best when in reality(combative) situations, it's what works for you. Same with smartphones for me. I'll be in a unique position to be able to utilize a BB10/Samsung GSlll, and a iPhone IV(the a V later) this year. While I'm not doing cartwheels, I also see no need to give a d*mn about proclaiming one is greater when I can utilize them all and have the best of all tech worlds. Yes, after two years, I do feel some excitement for RIM with the impending launch. Personally, it's whatever, until I get my new BlackBerry. BTW, it seems like personal feelings are on the sleeve(display) and some members look at it as a badge of honor for RIM. Unfortunately, RIM can't deposit/withdraw/spend it. Then, the member gets the new BlackBerry and (uh-oh!!!) becomes another hater of all things BlackBerry when it doesn't do or look like what RIM said(according to them) or playing games all day and wonder why the battery now sucks. Under extreme circumstances, RIM is about to pull it off, new BlackBerries, because they want to survive and move forward by, hopefully, selling millions
    and BlackBerries 10s will be on backorder. But, IMHO, I don't see Android(nor Apple) going anywhere, anytime soon. As you can see, the same analysis that were dogging the ish out of RIM are now riding their n*ts. So, now it's Apple and Androids turn to feel some heat and turn it up- productively. See the pattern? Anyway, we shall see after the launch.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-19-13 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Corrections
    01-19-13 11:58 AM
    Think of it this way, which statement hold more merit?

"I love BlackBerry it's so great all the other operating systems suck in comparison. I don't have to actually use them to know they suck because BlackBerry is the best OS in the world and the king of innovation and I need tools not toys dagnabbit!"

Or

"I have extensive experience with [OS] and [OS] and [OS] and I can honestly say I'm blown away by BB10 more than anything I've previously used. RIM has a great new platform and I can see this being a hit with casual and business users alike."
    The dagnabbit really made the post. Heh.

Yeah, when someone starts a post with "ZOMGELEVENTY I WANT ANDROID TO DISAPPEAR/GO AWAY/BEGONE *SHAKESFIST* anything that follows is automatically questionable at best. It's one step away from sticking fingers in your ears and screaming LALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.

01-19-13 12:21 PM
    Verily a vast, vacuous, and vapid insulting verbosity verifying various vacated and voluminous attempts at overcoming prior bans....

IsWyDt

01-19-13 12:24 PM
    I just can't wrap my head around that. Competition is good. While I think some of the hardware leaps are a bit silly at the moment, the reality is also that we have better hardware on phones in general due to the Android manufacturers. And you could argue that Android advances pushed others to be innovative.
    Yeah, still confused by the that comment as well. Competition "is" good for us.....no matter what device one prefers. Android going away? LOL. As the old saying goes....."wish is one hand and @#$% in the other!" Anyway, it would be a lot easier.
    01-19-13 02:04 PM
79 1234