I sold a phone on craigslist. Everything went cool.

I owned a Curve for a few months, then got a Bold. Sold the Curve. While I had it, I did set up my bbmail on it. When I moved to the Bold I was able to set up the same email address on it and it acted like it never existed before. Weird, I thought, but I let it go.

So the new owner of the curve emailed me this:
    "Sorry to bother you but I was wondering if you set up any accounts with this phone with a pin, particulary an email account? I am trying to format my email and it is telling me am account has already been created and to input the pin."
    Does this mean that my bbmail is associated with my pin somewhere on at&t's database or RIMs database or what? How can I change it? Does this make sense to anyone? Thanks!
    01-11-09 11:36 PM
    Yes, you need to log into AT&Ts BIS web site and update your device with your new PIN. Or call them.
    01-11-09 11:41 PM
    Yes, you need to log into AT&Ts BIS web site and update your device with your new PIN. Or call them.
    hey, hey! That did it. I've been wondering about that website and I don't remember ever accessing it before. Works much better than trying to do that stuff through the device. Thanks for the help!

Assuming the new owner of the phone still has issues, we can consider this matter closed.
    01-11-09 11:59 PM
    he will still run into problems. you will have to verbally tell whoever the provider is to release your pin in order for the phone to work. this is from personal experiance.
    01-12-09 02:16 AM
    he will still run into problems. you will have to verbally tell whoever the provider is to release your pin in order for the phone to work. this is from personal experiance.
    I agree. I had the same thing happen when I sold my Pearl.
    01-12-09 09:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD