I bought a used 8700 on Ebay. Its unlocked but branded for Cingular. I'm on T-Mobile, anyway I'm wondering what things I might run into. I know I have to delete my vendor file to update the most current OS but where would I go to do that? Also what about service books and what if the pin isn't cleared? I've searched but had no luck. Thank you very much for your time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 01:16 AM
    You will find out if the PIN is clear when you register it with your carrier. A PIN number can only be registered with one carrier at a time.

If a conflict occures, notify the seller, it is there responsibility to clear the PIN.

When you are ready to do a software upgrade, a security file, vendor.xml will be installed. In order to proceed and install the software, it is a simple matter to delete the security file.

The file location will be specified in the install instructions you will be following.
    11-27-09 09:57 AM
    Thanks. I know it should be on him to clear the PIN but if he doesn't how can I do it?

11-27-09 10:01 AM
    You can not do it. It can only be done by the carriers subscriber and the customer service rep.

11-27-09 12:29 PM
    Thanks! I'll let you all know how it goes. I should have it by Tuesday (hopefully)

11-27-09 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD