If I buy a used Bold 9900 is there anything to be concerned about when I can't be sure if it is on contract, regardless of what the seller tells me?
    Can the carrier prevent the use of the BB or come after me for the balance of the contract if they detect my SIM card being used in the phone?
    I think technically the phone belongs to the carrier until a contract has matured.

I just don't want to buy a phone from someone I don't know, only to have someone else call me and say it was on a contract and I owe money.
    I will not buy one that doesn't also come with the original box and matching serial/PIN numbers.

Thanks
    Last edited by pmccartney; 10-17-11 at 02:42 PM.
    10-17-11 02:39 PM
    If I buy a used Bold 9900 is there anything to be concerned about when I can't be sure if it is on contract, regardless of what the seller tells me?
    Can the carrier prevent the use of the BB or come after me for the balance of the contract if they detect my SIM card being used in the phone?
    I think technically the phone belongs to the carrier until a contract has matured.

I just don't want to buy a phone from someone I don't know, only to have someone else call me and say it was on a contract and I owe money.
    I will not buy one that doesn't also come with the original box and matching serial/PIN numbers.

Thanks
    No............
    pmccartney likes this.
    10-17-11 02:43 PM
    ^
    Thanks JD

just to be clear, this also applies to other countries? - like Canada
    10-17-11 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD