I bought a Blackberry Storm 1 a few days before the Storm 2 came out. It was slow at first but seems a lot better after updating the OS. I have never owned a BB before this and never really played with one before owning this one. I have no issues with the phone but I don't want to be stuck with an out of date phone for the next 2 years.

I can take this phone back and use my brother-in-laws old BB while I decide if I want. What is the best device out now or in the next couple of months? Storm2? Tour2? Droid? I want to have something nice if I am going to have it for the next 2 yrs.
    11-02-09 10:57 PM
    Blackberry is good for emails, the droid is a multimedia phone, and the storm 2 would be alot better than orginal storm. It just depends on what youre going to be using the phone for everyday.
    11-02-09 11:31 PM
    In addition to the choices above, Verizon will be releasing quite a few smartphones in the following weeks/months. Along with the Droid this Friday, the Droid Eris (HTC Hero) will be coming out, then the HTC Passion, both Android phones. The Eris is a nice phone at a lower cost than the Droid ($99 vs $199) with 2 year contract, and it has HTC's Sense UI overlay running on the Android OS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 11:48 PM
    Check out the Tour 2(essex) rumored to be coming out in the next couple of weeks. Trackpad, wifi, 2 GB internal memory, great keyboard and screen. Looks like a winner to me.

11-03-09 12:45 AM
    Yeah the new line of blackberry's are gonna be beastly! I know that verizon is trying to win with the droid, but I honestly don't think that phone is going anywhere. Its the same old android to me packaged in a new device. Any of the new verizon smartphones though you can't really go wrong with. They are going hard this winter to catch up to the competition in the smartphone market!

11-03-09 02:43 AM
    You need to revise your opinion of "out of date".
    11-03-09 09:48 AM
    You need to revise your opinion of "out of date".
    Thank you for you help.....

I have never owned a BB and I enjoy using the Storm although it can be slow at times. I didn't know the Storm 2 was coming out when I bought my Storm 3 days earlier.

I did like the Tour and it was my first choice but it was $100 more than the Storm, but I sold my old Env Touch on Ebay and got $200 out of that so now I am open to spending a little more on a phone if there is something that will be better than my current phone.

As far as the Droid being a multimedia phone. What do you mean by that? I currently use my Storm to browse the internet, emails, and listen to Pandora at work. The only thing I don't like about it is trying to click on links. I guess my fingers are too big.
    11-03-09 03:54 PM
    The Droid has the better browser over the Storm 2 by far, It also has a bigger, more vibrant screen.

The Droid will be getting Flash support around Jan 2010, RIM may be getting flash support around summer.

11-03-09 05:08 PM
    Right now I am really leaning towards the Tour, because I like using the trackball on my brother-in-laws phone better than the touch screen. I think I will go check out the Droid Friday. Would anyone recommend the Tour or should I hold off for a little while to see if the Tour 2 does come out?
    11-03-09 07:47 PM
    I took my Storm back and I am using an old Curve my brother-in-law had in a drawer. Now I plan on waiting a couple weeks to see if a new Tour comes out or if the Droid continues to get really good reviews.
    11-08-09 11:49 AM
    I have no problems with and love my S2 but the moto droid is sweet but doesn't seem as durable, but has a mouse and a touchscreen.
    And if you want the latest and greatest then you can't win as newer and better phone hardware will be flying into showrooms faster as time go by.
    11-08-09 01:06 PM
    I swithced from a touch screen phone to the Tour and love it. The touch screen is nice for some things but just a pain for others. I'd say wait till the Tour 2 comes out and grab that if you like the current ones. Its pretty much going to be the same except better, with wifi more memory and such like another poster pointed out.

11-08-09 03:17 PM
    I swithced from a touch screen phone to the Tour and love it. The touch screen is nice for some things but just a pain for others. I'd say wait till the Tour 2 comes out and grab that if you like the current ones. Its pretty much going to be the same except better, with wifi more memory and such like another poster pointed out.

I am pretty sure that is what I am going to do now. I am going to look at the Droid in person once, but I am leaning towards waiting for the Tour2 now.
    11-09-09 03:36 PM
    Wow, there are so many choices out there that it is getting really hard to make an informative satisfying decision. Blackberrys are fantastic devices, but again, you are asking for advise at a blackberry forum. Overall i like this competition that has been taking place, it will only make devices better in the long run. I am sure the Tour 2 will be a great choice.
    11-09-09 03:42 PM
    Wow, there are so many choices out there that it is getting really hard to make an informative satisfying decision. Blackberrys are fantastic devices, but again, you are asking for advise at a blackberry forum. Overall i like this competition that has been taking place, it will only make devices better in the long run. I am sure the Tour 2 will be a great choice.

I went and played with the Droid. It is a nice phone but I am going to go with the Essex as along as it comes out within the next couple of months.
    11-11-09 09:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD