Oh, and conversely you can start the contract with the text plan and get rid of it at any time without penalty.
    06-18-10 09:43 AM
    Great, you've been a big help...thanks!
    06-18-10 09:51 AM
    No problem. Enjoy your new BB!
    06-18-10 11:29 AM
    Are you happy with AT&T though? The new data policies are just asinine IMO so if you do get a BB don't be surprised if they charge through the nose with overages. I would get the 2GB BIS plan just to be safe. I never go over that and I download all kinds of podcasts on my Tour.
    06-18-10 12:00 PM
    another thing too, is you may even want to start at the 2gb just to be safe since it's a new phone and you'll tend to do more and surf/play more with apps and such, then you should be able to drop it down once your usage evens out, but you don't want to get stuck with the extra charges for going over, very expensive.
    06-18-10 12:39 PM
    The op states she (I assume by the nick) does not want to switch carriers, and also states she just wants the phone for the basics. I really don't see the data plans as being any part of the issue here.

Even with the new data pricing plans, the $15 one should be more than sufficient. Since I got my BB last year I've never gone over 200 MB so I kind of wish they had these pricing plans earlier, would have saved plenty.

Not everyone downloads podcasts and music and videos and all that. With just basic web surfing, email and even BBM, 200 MB is more than enough. If one does happen to go over, another 200 MB costs another $15. It's not the end of the world. She can always check her usage online or with the AT&T BB app and deal with it accordingly, but from what I gather from the original post, she has absolutely no need for unlimited data or even 2 GB.
    06-18-10 01:23 PM
    Thanks for the heads up on the data plans. Just to be sure I used ATT's Data calculator and I know I will not come near the 200mb. But it was best I checked anyway - I had no clue how many mb's an e-mail, photos, webpages etc. were anyway.
    06-18-10 01:33 PM
    right right, was just pulling the 2gb out of the air, my point was going bare min might get the OP into trouble in they get to playing with it and going over, just something to consider, but if the data thing isn't a player then disregard..
    06-18-10 02:08 PM
    I know it's been a while, but just wanted to thank everyone who helped me out. I got my Blackberry Bold 9700 a couple of weeks ago...and so far I'm enjoy it a lot! My only small complaint is the power button use to make a loud click noise and not be as smooth as the others keys. Now that key is good and it's the "back" key. Is this common?

Thanks again!
    07-19-10 10:58 AM
    Hey,
    I am going to purchase my first blackberry give me some suggestions.
    Let's start with who's your provider?
    07-19-10 03:24 PM
    Let's start with who's your provider?
    Really?!?!? there are four pages here stating that the guy is getting/having/has ATT.... in fact they mention that 2 or 3 times in the VERY first post
    07-19-10 03:32 PM
    Take it easy. There was a second person who asked the same question who had not given any information. Look at the quote referenced.
    07-19-10 04:00 PM
    Take it easy. There was a second person who asked the same question who had not given any information. Look at the quote referenced.
    I did it's on page four.

I've been around on forums enough to know that if there is a post on page one, or possibly the top of page 2, the OP may of went back and edited the information.

but this was on page 4, the very last post on page for... it's been covered
    07-19-10 04:09 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD