what one should i get?

im might switch to verizon.
    but i have sprint at the moment!
    so look on those two carriers.

thanks so much!

-DcFromWv
    12-27-08 08:18 AM
    Go to the store and test drive them all. Do you prefer touch screen, suretype keyboard or full qwerty keyboard? What is it going to be used for mostly?

Everyone will have different opinions. I went with a BOLD for the power and keyboard. Others like the STORM for its touch screen, the size of the screen and better camera . There is also the Pearl Flip that's out there and the new Curve. Go to the stores and get your hands on the devices and make your decision. You're the one that will have to use the phone for 2 years on a contract, so "You" need to be happy with your decision. Good luck and welcome to Crackberry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by CJH315; 12-27-08 at 09:17 AM.
    12-27-08 09:14 AM
    I'll have to agree with CJH; the model of Blackberry you get is much too personal to be leaving the decision to us! Besides, if you ask five of us, you'll get five different answers. So the best bet is to go out there and test drive all the different options. See which one feels the best for you. Once you narrow it down to a very few, ask yourself what you will be using the BB for mostly; phone calls?....emails?....surfing?....texting? Then come back here and ask which of the models you like are best suited for what you'll be doing.

I think the more research you do the happier you will be with your decision. Test driving the different models was very interesting and a lot of fun for me. Enjoy!

At least you made the first correct decision: deciding to buy your first Blackberry!

Good luck and let us know which way you went!
    12-27-08 12:43 PM
    I dont think the storm would be good for a first blackberry, get a curve. but like people above have said, its about you, just go to both stores and look at them both play with them for a while look into what you find important and see how it works for you, then buy it
    12-27-08 02:29 PM
    im gonna also agree with going in the store and playing around with the different devices
    12-27-08 02:32 PM
    Like everyone else has said, test them out yourself. It is all about preference.
    12-27-08 02:33 PM
    on verizon the best options are a Storm and Curve. Basic differences between the two are the Storm touchscreen and the Curve's full qwerty keyboard. Verizon also has the Pearl, with has a QWERTY of sorts but with two letters per key instead of of one and uses SureType typing.

your best bet is to go to store during a time when its not busy and play with both or all of them. There's nothing worse than being in a crowded store waiting forever to look at a demo and then feeling rushed off of it because there's people standing behind u.
    12-27-08 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD