View Poll Results: Would you buy an unlocked BB10 device on launch?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heck yeah!

33 53.23%
  • Only if it isn't an outrageous price

14 22.58%
  • I'm sticking with my carrier

15 24.19%
    I know some carriers will have them at launch, but many wont until a month or two after. Personally, Im elegible for a renewal on february. However, my carrier and country wont have a BB10 device by february, also, Im not willing to wait.

I know there is many people who would love it just as much as I would, buying a BB10 device online for full price and have it delivered to my door in a matter of days. Unavaliability, impatience, carrier not carry-ing it, you name the reason! But wouldnt it be nice?

So, here I am. Asking, you, the crackberry nation. Does anyone have information about this? Maybe some guy reselling them from his basement. Whatever! Many would be oh so happy! :-$

Before you ask, I do know my carrier and know which version I'd have to buy.
    I also added a poll. Maybe RIM could hear us out
    01-21-13 10:40 PM
    I actually am jumping from my current carrier to grab one, UNLESS at the last second US Cellular is going to bring one. I think that I may wait until the qwerty device to make the jump though.
    01-21-13 11:25 PM
    Waiting in anticipation for the launch of BB10
    Not one of the 3 main carriers here Optus, Telstra or Vodafone have any advertising currently out

Once again us poor folk down under await with abated breath.

Excited+
    01-22-13 05:10 AM
    I read somewhere on crackberry that you can buy unlock phones from FIDO. If I buy an unlock BB10 phone from FIDO, can I use it on Telus, Rogers, or Bell network? Any other network I can use it on?
    01-22-13 10:50 AM
    I read somewhere on crackberry that you can buy unlock phones from FIDO. If I buy an unlock BB10 phone from FIDO, can I use it on Telus, Rogers, or Bell network? Any other network I can use it on?
    I've not heard of Fido selling unlocked phones, but a phone sold by them should be compatible with the big three and their subsidiaries. That means Rogers, Bell, Telus, as well as Koodo, Virgin, Chatr, etc. As for the AWS carriers like Wind and Mobilicity, I'm not sure.
    01-22-13 10:54 AM
    I have to wait and see. Uscell is said to be selling to Sprint here in the summer. So wait and see for me.
    01-22-13 11:05 AM
    01-22-13 11:17 AM
    I knew I wasnt the only one! Man, I'd want the BB10 devices to be easily unlockable. So I can buy one off of ebay at the very least. Because I dont think an overseas carrier would ship a phone to my door! You lucky lads!
    01-22-13 04:45 PM
    I actually am jumping from my current carrier to grab one, UNLESS at the last second US Cellular is going to bring one. I think that I may wait until the qwerty device to make the jump though.
    Since there was no option in the poll: I am doing this exact same thing -- except jumping from Sprint. I am not sure how long I will wait around for them, even though I have been with them for 12 years and have a ton of grandfathered in freebies. It may be worth jumping to VZW just for the LTE and not waiting and wondering.
    01-22-13 06:36 PM
    I would pay full price as long as it isn't too much. Might change carriers too, so I won't be getting it on launch day... gotta wait and see what deals are available in my price range.
    01-22-13 06:41 PM