I prefer the 8830. At least I can use the trackball on it. The Tour's trackball alone makes it a terrible device. The keyboard is also much better on the 8830 because it has ridges, unlike the Tour, which has depressions.
    i'm sorry but the 8830 isnt even in the came catogory as the Tour. The Tour is in every shape and form superior to that of the 8830. The Tours trackball issue some people have had a problem with has been corrected by rim now going on 3 weeks now. All trackball problems have been fixed so you can stop bringing up the trackball issue as its not a problem.
    09-03-09 04:34 PM
    i would suggest waiting for the essex in your part.
    09-03-09 05:29 PM
    there are no software issues with the Tour, where are you getting your information from?
    From this forum: the consensus is that the Bluetooth problems is caused by software issues (Tour owners sound muffled/underwater when paired with Bluetooth car hands-free kits or headsets). There is a corresponding KB on BB's website: Blackberry KB19349 posted on August 19, 2009.
    09-03-09 06:37 PM
    I say wait, at least until an OS update is released because the Tour has too many software issues right now and they are mostlikely caused by the current OS...
    I do not know what issues your are referring to. I have had my Tour for a couple of weeks now and not 1 problem. I am loving it.
    09-03-09 10:01 PM
    Yep...Storm 2 is your best bet for October timeframe
    09-03-09 10:07 PM
    I think both tour and s1 or 2 are fine choices, personally if you are looking trackball style pick tour now or wait for "curve2" if your in the mood for a touch screen wait for s2
    09-04-09 12:10 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD