(sorry for anyone reading this twice - I posted it as a reply to another thread then realized I might get more help if I just started a new thread)

My Verizon contract has expired, and I want to make the move to AT&T. I love the Blackberry Curve, but I'm confused about the new version that's coming out on Thursday with GPS. Will it be more expensive? Should it knock the price of the current curve down? Is it worth waiting a few more days (my phone right now is dying, but I can make it work) for the GPS?

Thanks for all your help!
    10-01-07 02:33 PM
    Yes
    Yes
    Yes
    10-01-07 04:00 PM
    I am in the same boat as you. My Verizon contract has been expired since April 15. I have been waiting and waiting on Verizon to get a new Blackberry. I plan to make the switch to AT&T. Before you pay full price, check out Amazon.com. I think I will get a new Curve for free through Amazon. You pay $75 and get a $75 rebate with new service. It sounds like a deal to me. What do you think? Also, about the new Blackberry, I don't think it will be enough of an upgrade for me to wait. I will be completely satisfied with the original Curve. Hope this helps.
    10-01-07 06:42 PM
    Agreed. Check amazon first and foremost. They had a great deal on Curves after my grace period and I was so pissed.

Anyhow, if you need GPS wait, if not grab the current Curve because prices will not be different for the 2 models.
    10-01-07 06:47 PM
    Just over a month ago, I actually printed out the Amazon deal and took it in to my local AT&T store.
    Walked out with 3 Curves - $100 each with $100 rebates on each one.
    Free Curves!! in hand, and no waiting for the big brown truck.
    10-01-07 07:21 PM
    Just over a month ago, I actually printed out the Amazon deal and took it in to my local AT&T store.
    Walked out with 3 Curves - $100 each with $100 rebates on each one.
    Free Curves!! in hand, and no waiting for the big brown truck.
    Do you have a link for that Amazon deal? I'll head to the store tomorrow.
    10-01-07 09:45 PM
    They'll actually match it at the stores? My thing I'm already with AT&T so I'll just be upgrading. The Amazon deals are for a new line of service.
    10-08-07 09:40 PM
    Audit - so sorry, I thought I had subscribed to this thread -

Amazon.com: BlackBerry 8300 Curve Silver Phone (AT&T): Cell Phones & Service
    10-09-07 01:01 PM
    (sorry for anyone reading this twice - I posted it as a reply to another thread then realized I might get more help if I just started a new thread)

My Verizon contract has expired, and I want to make the move to AT&T. I love the Blackberry Curve, but I'm confused about the new version that's coming out on Thursday with GPS. Will it be more expensive? Should it knock the price of the current curve down? Is it worth waiting a few more days (my phone right now is dying, but I can make it work) for the GPS?

Thanks for all your help!
    Good choice. THE CURVE ROCKS!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Verizon. I would strongly caution you about AT&T. There is only one cellular company who is WORSE than Verizon and that is AT&T.

I would recommend that you take a close look at T-Mobile.

I started a job three years ago. When I started, everyone in the company used AT&T. Today almost everyone has come over to T-Mobile. Unless you are in a sparcely populated area, T-Mobile generally offers better service with better pricing packages.

I was with AT&T a long time ago and cannot believe what I put up with from them. If I had to make a choice of paying T-Mobile or going with AT&T for free, I'd stick with T-Mobile.

T-Mobile gets all the top awards from J.D. Power and Consumer Reports while AT&T gets mediocre ratings. T-Mobile also has award winning customer service support while AT&T offers limited hours and a lot of ill-mannered staff.

If you do your careful research, you'll find T-Mobile gives you more for less.
    10-17-07 07:08 PM
    I agree, I have T-mobile Curve also. I have a GPS reciever ($40) that works just fine and Jabra Bluetooth Stereo headset . Unlimited data plan is 20 dollors....pretty cheap. UMA is cool, don't have the plan (Hotspot@Home) just uses minutes on my plan. Once you go Curve it is hard to go to anything else.
    10-17-07 08:22 PM
    Good choice. THE CURVE ROCKS!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck with Verizon. I would strongly caution you about AT&T. There is only one cellular company who is WORSE than Verizon and that is AT&T.

I would recommend that you take a close look at T-Mobile.

I started a job three years ago. When I started, everyone in the company used AT&T. Today almost everyone has come over to T-Mobile. Unless you are in a sparcely populated area, T-Mobile generally offers better service with better pricing packages.

I was with AT&T a long time ago and cannot believe what I put up with from them. If I had to make a choice of paying T-Mobile or going with AT&T for free, I'd stick with T-Mobile.

T-Mobile gets all the top awards from J.D. Power and Consumer Reports while AT&T gets mediocre ratings. T-Mobile also has award winning customer service support while AT&T offers limited hours and a lot of ill-mannered staff.

If you do your careful research, you'll find T-Mobile gives you more for less.

Carrier problems are not everyones problem. I had tons of problems with VZW and none since switching to AT&T. TMobile is the JD Power and CR darling, but they always fail to tell people that the coverage is lacking in tons of areas.
    10-18-07 06:53 AM
    TMobile is the JD Power and CR darling, but they always fail to tell people that the coverage is lacking in tons of areas.
    T-Mobile's footprint may not be as large as AT&T's but that only really matters if you are in small rural areas. The reason T-Mobile is the "J.D. Power and CR darling" is because they offer excellent coverage in the areas of the country with the largest population base. Indeed T-Mobile usually offers much better service than AT&T in the larger cities. There are about 30 major cities in the United States where T-Mobile is the leader in offering the absolute best service.

That you cannot make or reliabily keep a call on the largest street in the nation's 2nd-largest city is an embarrassment for AT&T but they don't seem to care because they've had that problem for years.

Keep in mind that over 80% of the population of the United States live in about 5% of the land in the country. It may be very important to some that AT&T has coverage in WestNoWhere, Wyoming but as only 14 people live in WestNoWhere, Wyoming that is not necessarily a profitable area for cell providers to cover. I'd worry about the big cities first ... and that's exactly what T-Mobile has done.

I'm glad for the folks in WestNoWhere that AT&T offers slick coverage for the 14 people who live there. As for me, I can't really think about using them when they can't even offer decent coverage for the 10 MILLION people who live in my area.
    10-18-07 04:21 PM
    I'm new to the Blackberry persuasion. I've been using the Curve 8320 with T-Mobile for 1 week now and so far am very happy with the phone and carrier. (I dumped Verizon in spite of their ETF) I never had any real problems with Vzw but wasn't "wowed" either. I had a Treo 700p and though I didn't have many problems with it but I hated the size and weight. Love the Curve so far.
    I'm very happy I made the change. Good luck in your decision.
    10-18-07 09:46 PM
    I'm new to the Blackberry persuasion. I've been using the Curve 8320 with T-Mobile for 1 week now and so far am very happy with the phone and carrier.
    I've been using my Curve for a month now and the love affair gets stronger every day.
    10-23-07 12:19 AM
    T-Mobile's footprint may not be as large as AT&T's but that only really matters if you are in small rural areas. The reason T-Mobile is the "J.D. Power and CR darling" is because they offer excellent coverage in the areas of the country with the largest population base. Indeed T-Mobile usually offers much better service than AT&T in the larger cities. There are about 30 major cities in the United States where T-Mobile is the leader in offering the absolute best service.

That you cannot make or reliabily keep a call on the largest street in the nation's 2nd-largest city is an embarrassment for AT&T but they don't seem to care because they've had that problem for years.

Keep in mind that over 80% of the population of the United States live in about 5% of the land in the country. It may be very important to some that AT&T has coverage in WestNoWhere, Wyoming but as only 14 people live in WestNoWhere, Wyoming that is not necessarily a profitable area for cell providers to cover. I'd worry about the big cities first ... and that's exactly what T-Mobile has done.

I'm glad for the folks in WestNoWhere that AT&T offers slick coverage for the 14 people who live there. As for me, I can't really think about using them when they can't even offer decent coverage for the 10 MILLION people who live in my area.
    Not entirely the case. Tampa, FL has good but spotty coverage in large areas such as westchase. Hartford, CT has average coverage as well. These are 2 very large cities.
    10-23-07 02:25 PM
    Tmobile is as bad as Verizon in the Metro Detroit area's. I work in Troy and everyone that has Tmobile cusses as bad as I did with VZW. I live in Oxford and we had crap tmobile coverage out there also. Even the local stores tell people when they are looking at phones that tmobile and VZW are horrible in coverage.
    10-23-07 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD