I just got 8330. I am wondering if should pay 7 bucks a month for the protective service..

Doesnt bb have first 12 month warranty? I think it's kinda waste of money to spend 7 bucks on insurance. i am sure sprint will fix my phone if it has minor mechanical problesm..
    10-18-08 03:26 PM
    I'm struggling with the same question. I too just got an 8330 from Sprint. The disadvantage to the program is the $7 a month that goes out.

The advantage is that they will replace the phone, damaged, stolen, etc., for a $50 co-pay.

So is it worth it?

I'd like to hear some comments about it.
    10-18-08 03:30 PM
    get insurance...i cracked my screen after a a little while of having it...the insurance replaced it and sent me a brand new pohne over night..not refurbished either...a regualr phopne i can see no insurance...but if anything happenes to ur blackberry ull be sad...and sometimes the phone compnany will do nothing with it
    10-18-08 03:31 PM
    I will always recommend anyone with an expensive device such as our berrys to get them insured... i for one love to socialize...im always out and about and my berry is always by my side... including the time i was pretty drunk and jumped off the back of the boat while anchored and totally forgot my berry was in my pocket... or the time i was celebrating my birthday and lost my phone due to 1 too many cocktails and a hot blonde...or like the time...well you get the gist...moral of the story is insurance has bailed me out of sad situations for a fraction of what it would cost had i not had insurance... Def worth it IMO...
    10-18-08 03:43 PM
    The way they're adding new models, if mine did break I guess the money I would have spent on insurance and $50 co-pay would go toward the new model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-08 04:04 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I guess I can buy a little piece of mind for $7.00 per month. I'd hate for something to happen and not have that option available.

All the best!
    10-18-08 04:08 PM
    I have NEVER had insurance until I got a berry. Thought I would play it safe. Then one nigh while my boys where talking to me I put my phone in my shirt pocket ( something I never do) I was in the bathroom getting ready for bed, dropped something and when I bent over to pick it up, in the toilet my phone went. $50 bucks and I had a berry the next day. If I did not have the insurance no new berry for me.

10-18-08 04:58 PM
    I never had insurance on a phone either....until I got a Blackberry. It's too expensive to replace if you drop it and crack something. I also have insurance on my son's phone. He's still kind of young and I just don't trust him! LOL
    10-18-08 06:45 PM
    It's never, ever a waste for insurance!!! Especially for something as precious as your Berry!!!!!

10-18-08 06:54 PM
    If this were apple we were talking about then i would tell you that you are better off without it, but this isn't apple. Also unless you have a hook up at your local sprint store then i wouldn't get insurance. Anything that happens to that phone gets replaced for the $50 fee.
    10-18-08 07:06 PM
    Be safe take the insurance you never know if tradgedy will strike.
    10-18-08 08:24 PM
    Get the insurance. Better to be safe than sorry.
    10-18-08 08:33 PM
    I have the ins on all my phones 7 a month for a 500 phone is well worth it to me.ihave had phones replaced 3 times in the last 2 years 1 in the washing machine & 1 in the toilet & 1 stolen they were all replaced with new phones what more can I say I will keep the insurance.

10-18-08 10:31 PM
    I have insurance on my phone. I paid $368 for this phone, there is no way I can afford to spend that amount of money to replace it. I would rather pay $130 to replace it if anything happens or I lose it.

10-18-08 10:35 PM
    Nope, never have and never will purchase separate on my phone.
    10-18-08 10:37 PM
    I have purchased insurance before but never used it Replacement insurance was not available on my Blackberry when I purchased it but I have had my Blackberry for two years and never had a problem except for battery replacement which I purchased on ebay for $7.00. If I purchased another Blackberry I would not buy the insurance.
    10-18-08 10:46 PM
    I would have insurance if I was able to. That is the downside to owning an unlocked device. You aren't able to add your providers insurance.

I know there are several 3rd party sites that will insure mobile devices which I will be looking in to this week.

I believe it is well worth it, even if the fact you endure above average wear and tear you are able to replace your device with a brand new unit for a fraction of the retail cost.

10-19-08 12:05 AM
    I your phone cost more then $210 retail yes get it cause that's how much it cost over the life of the contract if you make a calme the last possible month and since its a berry yes you should

10-19-08 12:37 AM
    Thanks for the advice guys!

I guess I will buy the insurance today. I have to pay for it every month though right??

Initinally, I wasn't gonna buy the insurance, and if something happens to the bb, I was gonna get a cheap cell phone and think that blackberry isn't for me.. Cuz even if I lose my blackberry, I can always replace it with my old cell phone or something else.. right??hahaha
    10-19-08 01:46 AM
    Its worth the extra few dollars yes. Just my humble opinion of course...
    10-19-08 02:30 AM
    I just want to add, that I truly have piece of mind with my insurance plan. Since my curve at full retail is over $500, $7.00 a month is chump change should something happen. I was on the fence earlier, but have jumped in with both feet and recommend it. Protection for our addiction!
    10-19-08 04:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD