I was told today by a Telus rep that if you buy 1 Curve (149.99 on a 3-yr term), you get a second one for free. Apparently the promotion just started today.

I don't know if that applies to non-contract prices, or if there's even any truth to it... If I was still using the Pearl and my boyfriend wanted a BB, that would be a pretty great deal. Unfortunately, I already have one and my bf wants WM6.
    08-06-08 03:19 PM
    Hi! I'd like to know who told you that, since there is nothing on the Telus website about any 2 for 1 offers. I just got my curve last week and would like to find out if I could get another
    08-10-08 11:48 AM
    You should call Telus. Soe of their best offers are only availble in store or if you call, lots of great plans they don't tell you on the website. I currently have a plan which gives me unlimited evrything on the BB. With a voice plan that gives me 700 daytime minutes (no unlimited incoming but who cares its 700 min!!!) And unlimited after 6 and weekends for......62$ tx and system access fee INCLUDED!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-08 11:53 AM
    A rep at a store told me that, but I couldn't confirm it on the website. I don't know if he was just saying that because he assumed me and my boyfriend were both looking for BBs.

I already have such a great deal with Telus... the plan I have isn't available anymore so I'm afraid by calling I'll lose all the great stuff I was given when I signed my contract 2yrs ago.
    08-10-08 12:16 PM
    I wish i knew if this deal was on right now, im on the fence on buying a BB right and ifi got 2 phones with a 3 year, this would be a sweet deal.
    08-11-08 02:21 PM
    I wish i knew if this deal was on right now, im on the fence on buying a BB right and ifi got 2 phones with a 3 year, this would be a sweet deal.
    Yeah... but I assume you would have to pay for the second line as well...

They will not give you 2 phones for one line... it is for a family type plan, I can only guess.

Makes sense
    08-11-08 02:31 PM
    Yeah... but I assume you would have to pay for the second line as well...

They will not give you 2 phones for one line... it is for a family type plan, I can only guess.

Makes sense
    Agreed!

Most likely the deal is that you would have to activate the second phone on a second line, at the time of your BB purchase. They won't just give it to you so you can resell it or whatever...

It's only a good deal under certain circumstances. I would suggest going to your local Telus store and asking about it. Only 1 guy told me that, and at the time I was with another person, and we were talking about Blackberry and plans and switching over to Telus and stuff.
    08-11-08 07:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD