Hi guys,

I'm a newbie, just purchased my curve 8320 today, as I lost my e71 yesterday (talk about bad luck!). I'm really not familiar with BB and I want to change the theme badly! I've downloaded one theme, which is in JAD./JAR format.

I've read h ttp://forums.pinstack.com/showthread.php?t=26975&page=2

and

h ttp://forums.crackberry.com/f5/how-do-i-load-jad-jar-files-4682/#post31283

As much as I understand thoroughly the instructions, not to mention spent hours to google, I cannot find 'explore'.

Were the aforementioned links' instructions only apply to other BB series? I need help, seriously, how do I install the theme if it's in JAR format?
    02-22-09 02:27 AM
    The easiest way to work with .jad files imo is to rt click copy the link and email it to myself from home to my BB.

In the BB email when it arrives just click download....

When they are speaking of explore that is if you have a folder you could go to media>menu button (left of the trackball)>explore
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-22-09 at 02:32 AM.
    02-22-09 02:29 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry Nation dollblush!

Tremortality is correct. After you download the theme go into your "options" on the main menu and scroll all the way to the bottom where it says "themes". Select the theme you want to use and click on it. It will take a moment or two for your BB to make the change then you can exit your options.

Great choice of BB as well. That is the model I have. I find that it is very fun and functional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 02:37 AM
    Jar/jad files are meant to be downloaded with your blackberry browser. You can do as stated above and that will work. Do you have a full data plan? If you don't there is another way to get the theme you desire onto your device. Welcome to crackberry by the way.

02-22-09 06:39 AM
    The easiest way to work with .jad files imo is to rt click copy the link and email it to myself from home to my BB.

In the BB email when it arrives just click download....

When they are speaking of explore that is if you have a folder you could go to media>menu button (left of the trackball)>explore
    It didn't work, download failed, Error says no COD file?

Exactly. That's what I did, but there is no explore!
    02-22-09 12:56 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry Nation dollblush!

Tremortality is correct. After you download the theme go into your "options" on the main menu and scroll all the way to the bottom where it says "themes". Select the theme you want to use and click on it. It will take a moment or two for your BB to make the change then you can exit your options.

Great choice of BB as well. That is the model I have. I find that it is very fun and functional.

Jar/jad files are meant to be downloaded with your blackberry browser. You can do as stated above and that will work. Do you have a full data plan? If you don't there is another way to get the theme you desire onto your device. Welcome to crackberry by the way.

Thanks for the welcoming. I found it not fun at all, compared to E71. However, I do love the pushmail function
    02-22-09 12:59 PM

Open Media, press Menu and select Explore.
    02-22-09 02:08 PM
    Nope.. can't do...

Thanks guys, I think it'll be easier for me to simply create my own theme...
    02-22-09 04:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD