Hi everyone,

I am currently using the Blackberry Torch 9800, OS version .448.

I have a curios question with regards to something that has been bugging me lately. I've noticed that the so-called "Built-In Media Storage" has decreased steadily in the past couple of months. I went from having a total of 3.3GB free out of 3.5 to 2.9GB free. My application storage (free space) remains high as I don't have that many apps installed, but why the steady decline on the built in media? I know it doesn't seem like a lot, but the reason I've become OCD about it is because my gf currently owns the same phone, has way more apps stored, uses it as much as me or more, yet her built in media remains at 3.3GB free.

I guess I want to know what is stored in the built-in media, and how I can increase the free space; I've deleted some useless applications, do NOT have any media saved on the device (all pictures, music, videos are saved on media card)...yet it remains at 2.9.

*EDIT

One more question, kind of related. When backing up my system, is it necessary to check off ‘files saved on my built-in media storage’? Again, what exactly will be backed up if I have all my media (pictures, music) on my memory card..?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but they are nagging me and I just like to know.
    Last edited by LatinoLoco24; 09-28-11 at 09:19 AM.
    09-28-11 06:55 AM
    Ok...so upon doing some more research, I came upon another post that said the built-in media storage is not removable...?
    09-28-11 09:04 AM
    The built-in storage is not removable. It is built into the hardware of your device. When you choose the settings in various apps (camera, media, WhatsApp, BBM Groups, etc...) to save items On Device, they go to the built-in storage instead of your removable Media Card.

Not sure exactly what else goes there.
    LatinoLoco24 likes this.
    09-28-11 09:57 AM
    And yet another update for my own thread, just in case anyone else was wondering or curios about the same issue. After connecting the BB to PC and meticulously looking thru the files, I came upon a folder that had screenshots of over a hundred apps from appworld (appdata>>media>>screenshots). I guess they were stored in there for easier loading, a cache of sorts, which I deleted. Over 1,000 files were deleted and that brought my built-in media storage back up to 3.1GB.

I am trying to figure out what other USELESS files are getting stored and cached on the BB, but I'm very scared to delete anything that will damage the OS, or phone. Anyone, have a list of files that are absolutely not necessary that I may be able to look for and delete?
    09-28-11 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD