Hi, can anyone give me a link to a website that let's you buld a website useing your BB Bold.

Thanks

Chris

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 06:46 AM
    That would be SOOOOOO much easier and faster from a PC. I love my BB, but it can't replace a computer.
    08-06-09 08:30 AM
    Website Design for the BlackBerry Generation -- mobile website design -- .mobi -- dot-mobi

Website Design for the BlackBerry Generation

Most small and mid-size businesses haven't realized how terrible their websites look on handheld devices. Much less, have they registered their Web address with a dot-mobi extension?

Differences in a mobile website

“First of all, you can’t cram information designed for a 19-inch screen onto a mobile site,” says Raad. Paring down information for a screen the size of your fist is just the beginning. Here are other considerations:

Vertical scrolling. Think about your own cell phone usage. Mobile users scroll up and down, but not side to side. Content needs to be laid out accordingly.
    Fewer clicks. In the PC world, Web users typically have a broadband connection and can click through content seamlessly. For mobile users, going deep is slow and, therefore, expensive.
    Keep it clean. If you think its tough reading a thin calligraphy font on a dark background on your widescreen laptop, imagine what it would be like on a Nokia. Nothing beats a simple white background with a familiar easy-to-read font, like Times Roman or Arial.
    Just the facts. Less is more on a mobile website. Remember, your visitors are on the go. They are typically looking for very specific information or completing a very specific task. Nothing will alienate them faster than too much information. “With Web-based browsing, if you don’t like the content you hit the back or forward button. On a mobile browser, you hit the stop button," says Gaunt.
    This fall into the catigory of advice, not the actual site builder software.

Google was no help there, but your Bold Browser should be capable of using most web based site building software.
    08-06-09 10:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD