Greetings:

I confess I am looking for some re-assurance in my acquisition of a BB device. I had a tough week evaluating a Curve 8900 through T-Mobile the experience which I shared in the "newbie" forum. Having seen a number of random posts regarding "cracks" or other physical defects in the case or keyboard in the 8900 device, I was wondering what your experience has been in overall build quality of RIM products?

Finally, is there a FAQ that provides some type of diagnosis that helps distinguish between an actual hardware problem and one caused by a carrier? Pressing the icon to manage "internet email" and, instead, getting an advertisement for a Suzuki SUV didn't give me a great deal of confidence in either the phone or T-Mobile.

Thank you for your very kind attention.
    06-08-09 01:07 AM
    Greetings:

I confess I am looking for some re-assurance in my acquisition of a BB device. I had a tough week evaluating a Curve 8900 through T-Mobile the experience which I shared in the "newbie" forum. Having seen a number of random posts regarding "cracks" or other physical defects in the case or keyboard in the 8900 device, I was wondering what your experience has been in overall build quality of RIM products?

Finally, is there a FAQ that provides some type of diagnosis that helps distinguish between an actual hardware problem and one caused by a carrier? Pressing the icon to manage "internet email" and, instead, getting an advertisement for a Suzuki SUV didn't give me a great deal of confidence in either the phone or T-Mobile.

Thank you for your very kind attention.

well to be honest.. there has been cases of hardware problems on every phone ever released...

there is far more people who have a 8900 that haven't had a issue at all..
    06-08-09 04:32 AM
    There are of course enough BB's out there that some people will have problems. I do agree that most (not all) of the problems are user issues. There are new BB users coming on board every day and some just need to learn how to use the device.
    06-08-09 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD