I've read some reviews and looked at features. I'm currently looking at these:

Jabra BT3030

Price on newegg makes this one attractive more so than my original reaction to seeing the headset here on CB. Main thing that I'm not sure I like is the corded headset. The BT part is a dog chain so this one is only pseudo BT. Reviews appear to be quite pleased with the quality despite the corded part. One plus on that factor is if the cord gets damaged or shorts out (which has happened to me on every corded set I've owned in the past) it can be replaced though I'd rather not deal with that. This one despite the corded part I hate to say appears to be the most attractive overall between the 3 headsets I detail in this post.

Jabra BT620

Listed talk and music times are the longest I have seen yet. Really makes this one attractive along with the excellent price on newegg. Some cons from reviews are comfort (kind of subjective I suppose, no specifics on how it lack's in comfort), some considered them to look kind of goofy (not a big deal to me). One reviewer mentioned something about firmware not compatable with vista and no plans of an update. I'm at a loss on that one as I don't think headsets have firmware they just connected to HW that has drivers on the device you want to use the headset with right? Most undecided on this particular headset.

PLANTRONICS Pulsar 590E

Pricier but appears to be of solid build. Thing that stands out the most to me is the long listed battery life for talk and music time. One con that stood out to me was proprietary charge connector instead of standard mini USB. Others listed general problems associated with the charging perhaps just bad units? I'd hate to buy this one to find out tons have problems with the charger.

Jabra BT8030

I like the specs on these. After reading all the reviews on the previous 3 I got tired of reading. So I don't know what people have to say about this one. Also has a very good price on newegg. If this one doesn't have any major cons showing up in a lot of reviews this set may be an option as well.

Only thing I didn't really see is any mention of how good the mics were of canceling out background noise on any of these headsets. The main purpose for these will be to use at home with my PC. And perhaps later on with other BT devices like MP3 player when on vacation or something. I play online games and use voice chat while playing the games. So noise canceling is needed so that the game music and sfx don't get picked up by the mic. My current headset Jabra BT350 works great only thing other than my voice the mic picks up is pressing keys on the KB which is no big deal. The reason for getting a new headset though is for two things stereo and connecting the PC and BB to the headset so I can answer calls without having to take off the headset and pick up my BB and then put headset back on.

Please provide feedback on these headsets pros/cons or if you know of others that I will want to concider purchasing and why. Oh also are all BT headsets designed in such a way that you can't use them to talk while they charge?
    07-20-08 04:02 PM
    Check out the Plantronics 925 Discovery. It works great, and is supposedly the nicest looking BlueTooth around. Plantronics wants $150 for it, but i got it from shop CrackBerry for $89 bucks. This thing is nice...
    07-20-08 04:40 PM
    Unfortunately its not a stereo headset. I plan on using it to listen to music, watch movies, or whatever else I can do with whatever I can hook a headset up to. I will be keeping my jabra BT350 so I really don't need a single ear headset replacement. If only some local store carried these headsets I could get some hands on woth them. But I checked bestbuy, circuit city, compusa, officemax, office depot, target, meijer, radio shack, and ABC warehouse. All that is left is taking a huge amount of time calling all the mom and pop electronic/cell phone stores in the area. That will probably take me days to do. If anyone has any ideas of brick and morter stores I can check for these to get some hands on with them that would be great. I live in the detroit MI suburbs. So perhaps if anyone has any of these and live in this area we can rendevue at a 1/2 way point as well if willing to do so.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-08 01:48 AM
    Have you checked out the X5 from Blueant? It seems to have a lot of great features and flexibility.

The only problem is, I'm not sure if it's compatible. I'm trying to find that out myself. If I do, I'll pass it along. If you do, please do the same. Thanks.
    07-22-08 10:54 PM
    I'll take a look at it. I think my main disadvantage is knowing what is available. For whatever reasons listings such as like viewing BT stereo headsets here on CB or locating info in general on BT stereo headsets appears to be hard to track down or requires flipping through dozens of sites to get little bits of info and process that to get a detailed picture of each product.

07-23-08 02:55 AM
    I guess this isn't as popular I thought it would be.

Looking for more Reviews on the Jabra BT8030, how does it work/perform with the Bold?

Also I'm new to eBay and this looks like the only place where I can get it, I can't find it up here.
    01-06-09 10:40 PM
    I have the Plantronics 855 and it's stereo. Sound is good and it's comfortable but it only works with music for some reason. I can't hear audio on any of my video files... Maybe there's a workaround for it but i haven't figured it out yet.
    01-09-09 04:19 PM
    I vote for Motorola S9. Lightweight, good design, sound quality and a good price around $55 US

01-09-09 04:46 PM
    I vote for Motorola S9. Lightweight, good design, sound quality and a good price around $55 US

My vote is for the s9-hd a little more expensive but very nice headset. Good for music and plays phone calls through both headphones not just one (like the s9).
    01-10-09 10:26 PM
    I forgot I started this thread. I ended up getting the BT620s from newegg. I gambled on it since it was priced so reasonable. I have so far been very happy with it. Sound is great especially in stereo. Most stereo headsets I have used previously didn't sound as good from low to high frequencies. Most the low frequencies were missing making the audio sound tinny. This is not the case here with a nice rich sound. Only thing that disapoints me is I didn't understand that you can't pair two devices to handsfree or stereo. It is one to each. So you can pair to your phone for hands free and another device, for example a PC, for stereo. Or both can be paired at the same time to one device. But I wanted to have hands free on both my pc and phone at the same time. Thought I would switch between the two if I got a call on my phone while chatting over the net. My guess that this is a limitation in BT 2.0 and not the headset itself. Anyways, just wanted to chime in since I forgot to reply with the update of having gotten it.

01-11-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD