so i ordered a BSE for my 8310 and may i tell u what a horror story it has turned out to be. first let me say that you must keep your hands soaking friggin wet at all times. because if u touch the plastic with dry fingers the bse skin will stick to ur hands like superglue. 2nd- the screen is the easiest to do of course. 3rd-now here comes the hard part, the sides and the friggin bottom plate with the carrier logo. last- the backing not so bad just make sure u have clearence so when u snap it back on it doesnt get screwed upped. this crap is tedious and annoying i hope the results are spectacular, if not i will be even more aggrivated then i already am.
    Last edited by glock858; 07-23-08 at 12:23 AM.
    07-23-08 12:18 AM
    I have a BSE on 2 BB's and an MP3 player. I found it
    easy to apply and will never own a device that one can't
    be applied to.
    07-23-08 12:24 AM
    Sorry to hear your frustration. I use BSE for my Curve and my wifes Tilt and we love it.
    07-23-08 12:29 AM
    Operator error?
    07-23-08 01:00 AM
    So I have a question. With my old Pearl I purchased and successfully applied an invisibleSHIELD. I like it. It came out really nice and it had no bubbles or anything. I also really liked the way it felt. It didn't feel all slippery, or even almost oily, like it used to without the shield.

So, should I go with an invisibleSHIELD or a BSE on my new curve?
    07-23-08 01:03 AM
    So I have a question. With my old Pearl I purchased and successfully applied an invisibleSHIELD. I like it. It came out really nice and it had no bubbles or anything. I also really liked the way it felt. It didn't feel all slippery, or even almost oily, like it used to without the shield.

So, should I go with an invisibleSHIELD or a BSE on my new curve?
    i would suggest you go with what you feel comfortable with. easy answer, right? well, if you've already worked with invisible shield and like the feel of it and found the application process easy, go with that. it really boils down to price, warranty, help, etc.

i personally went with invisible shield because that's what i used for my ipod, my dad's ipod and other devices. i just like the fact that they give you everything you need (although BES, you just need a credit card and water & soap) and lifetime warranty. is the lifetime warranty really needed? well, not really, but it helps when in the future, all you want to do is exchange it because yours is either falling off, yellowing, etc.

did i help at all or just give you a huge migraine?
    07-23-08 01:14 AM
    Go with the BSE. For the cost of ONE is you can get 2 BSE's
    and it is the exact same material.
    07-23-08 01:16 AM
    lol operator error???? i would say yes. but for a noob i dont think you can do it any better. woke up this morning and everything looks good!!! so im happy!!!!!!!!
    07-23-08 06:51 AM
    To the subject at hand. The BSE and IE material is very thin and takes patience and steady hands to apply. Personally I had no serious problems applying the full body IS to my BB, but it did take a good deal of time to apply it so that I avoided bubbles and put it on straight. For those that don't like the thinness and various intricacies associated with applying this style protection there is an alternative. Boxwave makes a slightly thicker screen protector that works more like a window cling and doesn't require the usage of a liquid solution to apply it. I have one on my palm T5 and it took all of about 30 seconds to apply it and no issues of bubbles. The boxwave protector is removable and can be washed off in warm water, shaken dry and reapplied. I bought 3 of them for my T5 and am still using the 1st one 5 years later.
    The only reason I didn't get a boxwave for my BB is because the model was too new and boxwave hadn't made a screen protector for it. For full body protection with a boxwave screen protector get a skin case or other BB case to keep the casing from wear.

Sorry to hear your frustration. I use BSE for my Curve and my wifes Tilt and we love it.
    I was reading this from my BB and ya know I almost thought Tilt was missing the L imagine my reaction until I realized what you really said.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 07:18 AM
    I don't want to sound mean but it was definitely operator issues. Right in the directions it says keep your fingers wet at all times to avoid...the problem you had! It's certainly not an "easy" process, but with some patience (and a little reading first!) it can be quite simple and gratifying.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f77/my-...utorial-44859/

In addition, the IS is $20 and the BSE is $7. Fine, the IS comes with a lifetime warranty--but my phones don't! The chance of me keeping a phone past a year and a half is pprreettty slim. Why would pay extra (yeah I know I know it's free) for a lifetime warranty on a product I'll only need for a short period of time??

Buy 2 BSE's, install one, and have the other around IF you need it.
    07-23-08 08:11 AM
    I just got my BSE for my screen today. I figured I would try just the screen, before attempting an entire body. Besides, I have a Seido hybrid case for the body and I really like it. Here's to hoping I can install it successfully!
    08-30-08 03:52 PM
    Mystik, just take your time and follow the directions--you'll do great!
    08-30-08 04:06 PM
    I didn't have any problems putting my BSE on my curve. I followed the directions, completely and was done within two hours, with a nice protected curve.
    08-30-08 05:42 PM
    Mystik, just take your time and follow the directions--you'll do great!
    Thanks, Sultan, you were right!! I read the directions several times before I attempted the process and then had them laid out just in case I needed them during the process (which I didn't). It didn't take me long at all to put the screen protector on (maybe 5 mins?) and it looks perfect. No dust, lint, fingerprints, etc. I had a tiny scratch on my screen before, but for some reason, with my BSE I can't even see it now! My screen looks brand new again and shinier than ever! I love it!
    08-30-08 05:45 PM
    I had no problems with putting on a full body BSE since I follow Sultan's step-by-step instructions

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-08 07:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD