Hello,

I am a very new user to Blackberry, so I apologise if this has been answered, but I can't find anything accurate after a few hours of checking, so figured I would just make my own post.

I have recently been issued a Blackberry Curve 8900 by my company. It worked fine the first day I got it I was able to make and recieve calls and browse (I presume using GPRS) with no problem.

I have just recently been added to the Company Enterprise Server, which I activated on my Blackberry last night.

Since then I am having problems with browsing. Since I am now at home I was hoping to simply connect to my home WIFI Signal and browse through that so as not to incur to much cost to the company through GPRS.

I have used the WiFi Wizard to add my AP and it connects and picks up an IP address, however I am unable to see anywhere which allows me to choose how I connect to the web? I can launch the Browser but I have no idea if it is going via GPRS or my WiFi.

At the moment when I attempt to connect to a page such as Google.co.uk I get the following:

Authentication required for DHL_Sequence
    Username:
    Domain: COMPANY.COM
    Password

I have tried my company credentials, but they don't seem to work (although it depends on what credentials they are, maybe LDAP?)

Either way the fact it is prompting me for a company username makes me think it is somehow connected back to the company network even though I am at home ?

Any help that you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    10-10-09 09:27 AM
    Sounds like an IT Policy put on your device by your company... you might want to check with your company's IT department... for all other Wifi questions you should use the Wifi Guide in my signature below.
    10-10-09 09:37 AM
    Thanks for the quick response FatBoy, I have had a quick look through your Wifi Guide, and I seem to be missing the Hotspot / Wifi option in my Browser Config. The only option I have is Blackberry Browser.

I will of course email the Tech guys on Monday, just hoped I didn't have to wait that long.
    10-10-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD