I like the blackberry browser, but playing with an iphone today I noticed their browser is far more responsive in load times and such. What is rim doing for this? When is an ugprade for us coming so I don't have to wait a minute to load a page the iphone loads in 15 seconds?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-09 04:37 PM
    I agree they need to get off their rear ends and support the masses the made them what they are today. It gets pretty tiring hearing about all the great apps that are coming out for the iPhoy and you can' even get a good browser. If RIM can't put one out let us pick the browser we want and allow us to make it our default browser.
    I just created a thread on updates on existin BB's.
    I guess RIM thinks their new phones arer important than the masses of owners of existing phones.

Getting really hard to do any chest pounding about the Bold 9000 sitting on the side line waiting for changes to tke place.
    10-21-09 07:04 PM
    My browser is trash, it takes forever to load a page and often timesout with an error. I can't believe BB and VZ can sell their internet plans with such a junky browser. I thought bb was top of the line when I bought my storm. man was I wrong. I don't want an iphone, I just want my storm to work the way a phone that expensive should.
    10-21-09 09:23 PM
    RIM bought a webkit browser company and are hiring people to do exactly this, they claim they'll have a browser faster than safari by next year, HOWEVER, at least RIM gives us the OPTION to use other browsers, apple does not.
    10-21-09 10:50 PM
    I agree they need to get off their rear ends and support the masses the made them what they are today. It gets pretty tiring hearing about all the great apps that are coming out for the iPhoy and you can' even get a good browser. If RIM can't put one out let us pick the browser we want and allow us to make it our default browser.
    I just created a thread on updates on existin BB's.
    I guess RIM thinks their new phones arer important than the masses of owners of existing phones.

Getting really hard to do any chest pounding about the Bold 9000 sitting on the side line waiting for changes to tke place.
    you may want to try opera mini, it replaces the default browser, and is pretty good.
    10-21-09 10:51 PM
    Yes...its just horrible. Thank God for CB or I would not have found out about Mini-Opera. Can you imagine all of the BB users out there whom do not know any better? I NEVER use the BB Browser....a complete and total waste of time.
    10-21-09 11:38 PM
    I must be crazy! I hate the opera mini broswer and bolt! After using an iphone and selling it. There is nothing rim can do for us bold users. Maybe the future bb's have a rocking os, but we are dead in the water. 5.0 may be good(I've never seen nor tried it) but it will not compare. I only read news sight, forums and may google something every once in a while. We should talk in the here and nw, bb broswer sux and iphone is the big kid on the block for web browsing.

Remember-i went back to my bold after selling my 3gs. So I love blackberry's. But give me a keyboard and blinky light and I will go back to iphone. The iphone simply gives more "bang for your buck" when dealing with the 30 per month fee. I'm a consumer and do not use my bb for business,but honestly the iphone can do most things my bb can.

10-22-09 12:18 AM
    I have Opera Mini and it works well, but I'll only use it when the native browser fails me. And since I don't do enough browsing on my phone, I'm content with using the native browser.
    10-22-09 12:31 AM
    Unable to connect to BB desktop manager version 7
    There is no v7 of the Desktop Manager.

To the OP, if you wanted a multimedia device then you should have stuck with the iPhone. BB's are in fact geared to the corporate world so you need to research and pick the device that is best to you before jumping ship.
    10-22-09 11:43 AM
    I think it could be improved but I like it. I don't really like any of the other browsers I have tried.
    10-22-09 11:51 AM
    To the OP, if you wanted a multimedia device then you should have stuck with the iPhone. BB's are in fact geared to the corporate world so you need to research and pick the device that is best to you before jumping ship.
    Yep. Hindsight is always so much better than foresight without lots of research. Planning in advance and reading lots of reviews sent me for the BB and not an I-Phooey.
    10-22-09 02:09 PM
    I must be crazy! I hate the opera mini broswer and bolt! After using an iphone and selling it. There is nothing rim can do for us bold users. Maybe the future bb's have a rocking os, but we are dead in the water. 5.0 may be good(I've never seen nor tried it) but it will not compare. I only read news sight, forums and may google something every once in a while. We should talk in the here and nw, bb broswer sux and iphone is the big kid on the block for web browsing.

Remember-i went back to my bold after selling my 3gs. So I love blackberry's. But give me a keyboard and blinky light and I will go back to iphone. The iphone simply gives more "bang for your buck" when dealing with the 30 per month fee. I'm a consumer and do not use my bb for business,but honestly the iphone can do most things my bb can.

iphone won't tether, not more bang for your buck if you ask me. i sold my iphone for a bold, and have never considered it as anything other than the best thing i ever did. i'd also say yes the iphone does alot of what the bb does, and so does a razr for that matter. the blackberry platform is leaps and bounds ahead of apples and their phone makes me hate them, a company i used to adore, more and more everyday.
    10-22-09 02:14 PM
    It's UMA that sealed the deal for me. I can't go to a phoe that doesn't have it anymore.
    10-22-09 02:17 PM
    Opera Mini for me is fast give it a try.
    10-22-09 02:20 PM
    I never said the browser was bad. I too chose a bb over iphone any day but your argument doesn't make sense either. A business device should be able to browse the web as efficiently if not more than a toy right? I don't understand why rim choses to have such a good phone. And the browser does not in my definition constitute as a "media" feature. It too can be used for business purposes.

10-22-09 08:48 PM
    I never said the browser was bad. I too chose a bb over iphone any day but your argument doesn't make sense either. A business device should be able to browse the web as efficiently if not more than a toy right? I don't understand why rim choses to have such a good phone. And the browser does not in my definition constitute as a "media" feature. It too can be used for business purposes.

absolutely, have some faith, i know it can be hard to be patient, especially for me, but you have to believe that RIM is full steam ahead on this. they know their browser is a crutch, they are hiring people to fix it, give it some time, by this time next year we'll have a new OS, new browser, and flash support.
    10-22-09 08:50 PM
    I must be crazy! I hate the opera mini broswer and bolt!
    I can confirm that Bolt just flat out sucks, and Opera is just as slow if not slower than the BB browser. I just don't see the point in wasting more memory since the BB browser is always running, and it's not really THAT bad. I can definitely live with it until they come up with a new and improved version since the other options offer no improvements and are definitely weaker in all-around performance.
    10-23-09 09:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD