One of the things I have been concerned with was the browser speed. We have seen many reports that speaks to the html5 score, and while that is great I personally have little interest. I assume many consumers would sacrifice a few points to save a few tenths of a second or to have a browser that is more responsive.

Anyway while it is not a perfect test it certainly is pretty close. I won't spoil the fun, I will let you watch the results

12-17-12 10:24 AM
    Would love to see a Javascript test. The PlayBook really, really sucks at that. As others have noted, turn it off and the PlayBook browser flies and is solid. Turn it on, and you get checkerboarding, pages that fail to load and crashes.
    Trini-34 likes this.
    12-17-12 10:27 AM
    Also does anyone think the advertisements seems to run a tad faster or smoother on the iphone? Notice the adds how the iphone starts to change them ahead of bb10. They also seem a bit less blocky.
    12-17-12 10:27 AM
    Also does anyone think the advertisements seems to run a tad faster or smoother on the iphone? Notice the adds how the iphone starts to change them ahead of bb10. They also seem a bit less blocky.
    Ah yes, that's what I want. Smoother and more visible advertisements.

Haha just kidding, I know what you mean and agree. Browser looks like it's going to be excellent on BB10. Reserved mine today!
    12-17-12 10:33 AM
    12-17-12 10:44 AM
    I don't know who these gadget masters guys are my they are my new favorite tech site now. . .LOL
    12-17-12 10:57 AM
    lol yeah its just you.BB10 was on hotspot and still won just accept it the orange phone lost thats all there is to it advertising blocks lol.BB10 packing that paratek tech probs best around.

Those gadget masters are pretty anti apple first site I have read like that its crazy in there.
    12-17-12 11:01 AM
    lol yeah its just you.BB10 was on hotspot and still won just accept it the orange phone lost thats all there is to it advertising blocks lol.BB10 packing that paratek tech probs best around.
    Look again, the BB10 took 19 seconds longer to load. The javascript ads/title bar were also laggy on the BB10 browser. Probably the cause of the loading lag as well. Hopefully JS performance is better on the launch device.

Also, what is an orange phone? The iPhone was running on Fido network, not Orange UK....
    12-17-12 11:02 AM
    what's that test? ... a cache test ?
    lol ... and still some ... ok. I give up.
    12-17-12 11:14 AM
    Look again, the BB10 took 19 seconds longer to load. The javascript ads/title bar were also laggy on the BB10 browser. Probably the cause of the loading lag as well. Hopefully JS performance is better on the launch device.

Also, what is an orange phone? The iPhone was running on Fido network, not Orange UK....
    apple=-orange.android=cyborg.

Dont know what you talking about 19 secs longer.The guy clearly said BB10 loaded up faster and this is whilst its using a hotspot. Your calculation and java talk means nothing here.The guy did the test and was actually there he said bb10 loaded up faster on HIS OWN website the slide ad also loaded up first and faster which means the site is fully loaded.The guy gave it to BB10 the orange phone lost I'll take my eye sight and the guys word over yours anyday.Orange phone lost thats all there is to it.
    12-17-12 11:20 AM
    apple=-orange.android=cyborg.

Dont know what you talking about 19 secs longer.The guy clearly said BB10 loaded up faster and this is whilst its using a hotspot. Your calculation and java talk means nothing here.The guy did the test and was actually there he said bb10 loaded up faster on HIS OWN website the slide ad also loaded up first and faster which means the site is fully loaded.The guy gave it to BB10 the orange phone lost I'll take my eye sight and the guys word over yours anyday.Orange phone lost thats all there is to it.
    Oh, you're one of those people who finds it necessary to call products by obscure names to make some sort of point?

BB10 took 19 seconds longer to finish loading. Watch the blue loading bar. Denying that, no matter the reason for the extra 19 seconds, is foolish.
    12-17-12 11:24 AM