Is the BB7 browser really only 40% faster than BB6 and only 100% faster than BB5?

I saw Crackevin's video of the 9900 in May. The browser is very fast. Much, much faster than BB6. Much, much, much faster than BB5. Some pages would not even render with BB5. Not only is the browser faster, it also allows you to view the page while it's still loading! That is a HUGE plus!

Nevertheless, raw browser speed is the issue here:

- 40% faster would mean just a bit faster.
    - 100% would mean it's twice as fast.

Is that really the case? I know RIM must have some statistical numbers to back up that claim, but it appears to be much lower than I have seen in demo videos. The BB7 devices fly through all the websites I've seen -- I've been paying particular attention to the browser speed as RIM really had to make a huge improvement there.

I know the devices also have a much faster CPU & GPU with hardware accelerated graphics. Is that factored out?
    08-06-11 06:41 PM
    Perhaps RIM are just being conservative with their claims? I agree, the new browser does look lightening fast compared to the older OS5 and 6 browsers. I suppose we also must take into account the internet connection too, as we don't know if they were on a hyper fast wifi, for example.
    08-06-11 07:04 PM
    As with any new device launch you need to take a wait and see position. With the quality of the devices Rim has been releasing I don't have much hope for these latest devices. But if they do produce a device that is comparable to my android device I would probably switch back!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-11 10:38 PM
    As with any new device launch you need to take a wait and see position. With the quality of the devices Rim has been releasing I don't have much hope for these latest devices. But if they do produce a device that is comparable to my android device I would probably switch back!

What does that even have to do with the OS7 browser speeds? Move along.....
    08-06-11 10:44 PM
    Lol sorry but that's funny

08-07-11 06:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD