I used to be able to surf the internet (slowly, but still do it) using the BB browser on my 8350i Boostberry, with ONLY a cellular data signal. Now when I try, if I'm not picking up wifi, it doesn't work... I get a message "this is a wifi service only" or something like that. Is this a requirement of the 5.0 operating system? That's about all that has changed on my end since I started with Boost and Blackberry.
    01-04-12 03:46 PM
    THe same that you, I used to navigate on the bb browser (slow but it worked), this week it started to say the same "this is an internet service", the I decided to close the browser to star again, and since then is death, y click it (the browser icon) en nothing happends, it dosent run.

I'm in mexico, Nextel.

Please help
    06-07-12 07:17 PM
    I assume it is a downgrade of the newer OS that I upgraded to last year. I use the browser so infrequently that I probably didn't notice the lack of data service until weeks/months later. I didn't use it much on my phone anyway. Someday I'll prob upgrade to 3G/4G service like most of the world anyway, but until then I'll just live without phone surfing.
    06-08-12 07:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD