Either it's me or everytime when I open up my browser is gives me a message that says: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device." I do a diagnostic test and there are THREE service book entries for my browser. Not one, but three. I know people have had the same problem in the past, I am just wondering if it's happening again. I also tried doing a battery pull 3 times and still its down.

Help would be appreciated!

Edit: I have the Curve 8330
    Last edited by banshee714; 12-30-08 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Spelling and addition
    12-30-08 11:45 AM
    Register your device through the Host Routing Table under Options. This may fix it.
    12-30-08 11:48 AM
    I tried that and it's still down. I can't really think of more things to do.
    Last edited by banshee714; 12-30-08 at 11:51 AM. Reason: more spelling!
    12-30-08 11:51 AM
    You could wipe (memory) your device. I'd back it up first.
    12-30-08 11:53 AM
    call Verizon, i had this a few weeks ago. they resent my service books and it worked fine.

Note: DO NO delete for reset anything - your browser may disappear. mine did. thats why i called them.
    12-30-08 11:56 AM
    call Verizon, i had this a few weeks ago. they resent my service books and it worked fine.

Note: DO NO delete for reset anything - your browser may disappear. mine did. thats why i called them.
    In the initial post they mentioned they've resent their service books a number of times. If that or registering through the Host Routing Table doesn't work...

If you hard reset your BB, it will reset the device back to OEM settings, not completly delete the core apps.
    12-30-08 12:00 PM
    i had service books in there... i dont know what the tech did, but when she resent them it worked.

and as to how many service books... i have way more than 3... about 20 or so
    12-30-08 12:10 PM
    Either it's me or everytime when I open up my browser is gives me a message that says: "Your device does not currently have any Browser Configuration Service Book Entries. Please contact your service provider to enable the browser on your device." I do a diagnostic test and there are THREE service book entries for my browser. Not one, but three. I know people have had the same problem in the past, I am just wondering if it's happening again. I also tried doing a battery pull 3 times and still its down.

Help would be appreciated!

Edit: I have the Curve 8330
    I had this problem this morning after installing midpssh...I did a search on here for "Browser Configuration Service Book Entries" and found an entry that helped. I went to "options", "advanced options", "service book", Deleted "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service", then undeleted it and the browser worked just fine.
    12-30-08 12:44 PM
    I had this problem this morning after installing midpssh...I did a search on here for "Browser Configuration Service Book Entries" and found an entry that helped. I went to "options", "advanced options", "service book", Deleted "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service", then undeleted it and the browser worked just fine.
    Banshee, Let us know if this works.
    12-30-08 12:45 PM
    I wiped it and now it works perfectly. Thanks!

Edit: I was already in the process of wiping it when LAN-WAN-IT posted
    Last edited by banshee714; 12-30-08 at 12:52 PM. Reason: addition to thread
    12-30-08 12:51 PM
    how would you go about undeleting it?
    I'm having this same problem....
    01-07-09 04:29 PM
    nevermind, I figured it out.
    01-07-09 04:30 PM
    Banshee, Let us know if this works.
    Thanks. I've been stressing this for nearly 3 weeks.
    01-14-09 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD