Greetings All,
    Just got my first BB, a new 9700 on Ebay. Unlocked T-Mobile, and I am a Tmo customer. Since I'm home most of the time, I set it up to log on to my home network fine. I'm under the impression that I could browse the web via my home network, without a data package. I'm going to get a data package eventually, but for now I thought I could just use my home wifi. Am I wrong? Thanks much, CH
    02-16-10 11:35 PM
    Of course you can! You just have to know the secret steps

I assume you've already set up and connected to your wifi (under Manage Connections). Once that is done, open the browser. Click the BlackBerry button, scroll down and choose Options. Click General Properties. On Default Browser, change it from web2go to Hotspot Browser. Click the BlackBerry button, choose Save Options. Now go into Browser Configuration, and under Browser: do the same thing (web2go to Hotspot Browser, BlackBerry button -> Save Options). Now hit the back button, BlackBerry button, scroll down and click Close.

What did all that do? Hardly anything! It just lets the default browser use wifi instead of T-Mobile's data Now whenever you open the browser, it should work fine (as long as your wifi is connected). Keep in mind that a lot of the pre-installed apps are "data plan only," so can't be used via wifi. But don't worry, Beejive, Pandora, and Google Maps are all wifi friendly. Enjoy!
    02-17-10 12:53 AM
    Thanks Charred. It seems to work now. One question down, about 50 more to come...... Gotta luv these forums!!!
    02-17-10 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD