is it possible to chose how you want to connect to the web. if i have wifi, why not use that, rather than 3G?

if possible, how do i do it?

Thanks.
    04-07-09 05:52 PM
    or even how do i know how i'm connected? maybe it switches automatically to wifi?
    04-07-09 05:54 PM
    I'm on ATT bold, when I'm home on WiFi, I click the same browser icon as I do when on 3G. Its a huge difference in speed, so based on a month of use, I would say just turn on WiFi and surf as usual. No?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-09 06:53 PM
    but how do i know whether i'm using wifi (free) or 3g (not free)?
    04-08-09 10:57 AM
    If you use the bb browser there will be an icon in the top right showing 3G or wifi depending on the connection. The way to get this to show up is, when you are in the bb browser hit the "u" key and that will toggle the option to see how you are connected
    04-08-09 11:06 AM
    I think you can set your preferences in the options area. You might need to use different browser types (wap, internet, etc) to be sure.
    04-08-09 11:07 AM
    Here is what I do. Go to bookmarls page, open wifi hotspot login bookmark when connected it will say so. To browse hit menu key and select go to or just select one of your current bookmarked pages.

If you exit the browser and return you will automatically be using what ever is set as your default browser, to ensure you use wifi selct hotspot login again

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-09 11:15 AM
    Actually a trick I've considered is setting one browser to use wifi only, and a separate for, well, whatever. That way if you're really not sure, then just keep to the wifi-only browser. But the 'wifi' vs '3G / EDGE' should give you a clear hint..
    04-08-09 01:09 PM
    does anyone know how to browse with wifi on os 6?
    02-19-11 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD