Someone mentioned to me in school that I can easily fix my cracked screen. I bought it on eBay, so I'm hesitant to bring it into the store and pay $50 for a refurbished one.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? My BB is still very usable, it's just more annoying than anything. Thanks!
    02-16-09 02:02 PM
    Is the lcd part broken or the lens itself? You can get parts from Cellular Accessories - Motorola, Apple, Mobiado, Microsoft, 3G, Accessories Store, Dopod/O2, Panasonic,

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 02:04 PM

That's what it looks like. There's no color problems or anything that I can see, I just see the crack. Does that mean it's only the lens?

Edit: Also, if it's only the lens, how would I go about removing it?
    02-16-09 03:10 PM
    Yes. If the LCD had cracked it wouldn't light up.

When you chose a supplier for screens, you might get a spare or two if you're gonna make this a habit, lol!

There's a thread or more here that'll tell you how to replace your lens, it's not that hard.

Happy fixing!

Last edited by bergerking; 02-16-09 at 03:18 PM.
    02-16-09 03:16 PM
    It wasn't my fault! I usually take very good care of my phone.
    02-16-09 03:17 PM
    Relax, trebb, it happens!
    That's why we are here, but sometimes just tease ya a bit. Have a laugh that you're not having to relace the LCD, or worse, the whole device.

Do a search on eBay, also, some suppliers are in China, in case you want it faster.

02-16-09 03:24 PM
    I cracked mine two! I accidentally put my track bag on top of it.. I ordered a new one though.
    02-16-09 03:27 PM
    How Come The Blackberry Logo Is Backwards?
    02-16-09 03:28 PM
    Yea....bergerking is right. You might search ebay if you want it faster than 2 weeks. There is a video in the blog section on here that shows you how to do it. Its real easy

02-16-09 03:28 PM
    Sweet. Thanks guys. I was just going to deal with it until the bold comes to vzw. I'm glad I don't need to wait too

02-16-09 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD