I've bought a BlackBerry 9800 Torch from an official Carrier in Argentina: Claro.

Some months ago the speaker went dead, I took it to my Carrier's Service and they found that it was a motherboard issue. As there isn't an official RIM's Service in Argentina, Claro replaces a "broken phone" for a new one (really refurbished I think, but that isn't the problem )

The change is authorized, but, they do not have 9800 BB in stock. They have plenty of 8520s instead

We've been discussing since MARCH and today I can't get a satisfying answer. They say they can only give me a Samsung, an Apple or a Motorola phone for mi BB.
    I'm in love with Bridge and my PB and really thinking about keeping my "broken" BB, which can not be used as a phone

I couldn't get anywhere hints, tips or something. RIMs tells me (oficial Twitters) it's my Carrier's responsability, Claro says they don't have BBs and they can only offer other phones.

(Sorry for posting here if it isn't the place, but couldn't find anything for searching "Warranty")

What should I do???? Help!!!!
    07-13-12 12:05 PM
    I would tell them that they fix it, replace it, or refund all your money.
    07-13-12 12:30 PM
    They can't fix it, can't replace it for another 9800 or anyone better, refund is never an option in Argentina, jajaja...

Thanks gb for your opinion, but I'm still looking for something it can be done. Does RIM hear particular cases, going over "intermediate" Carriers????

Regards!!!!!
    07-13-12 01:24 PM
    if its under the rim warranty go to the store and have them call rim. rim is a worldwide supplier, with the right info rim will send you a new phone.

they need to actually spend time on a phone rather than look in the system to see whats in stock.
    07-13-12 05:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD