I am loving all these new BlackBerrys that are coming out the only problem is will any head to Britian? I mean the Storm name is killed of here you cant get it no where but online! The curve bold and torch are here and doing well but wheres the style i think that would go down brilliant in Britian but no sign of it which makes me wonder what ones we will see in britian and also when, as we are not getting the playbook till Q2! Any one else feel the same in Britian?
    Last edited by scotty321; 02-26-11 at 07:08 AM.
    02-26-11 07:05 AM
    As Ive mentioned many times before on these forums, I don't think Blackberry know there is anywhere outside mainland USA
    02-26-11 08:05 AM
    I am loving all these new BlackBerrys that are coming out the only problem is will any head to Britian? I mean the Storm name is killed of here you cant get it no where but online! The curve bold and torch are here and doing well but wheres the style i think that would go down brilliant in Britian but no sign of it which makes me wonder what ones we will see in britian and also when, as we are not getting the playbook till Q2! Any one else feel the same in Britian?
    The uk market was pretty much dead to flip phones for a long time besides a brief revival caused by the razr and its follow-ups with the candy bar having proved to be far more popular overall so it isn't a surprise that they didn't also produce a gsm variant of the style.

As far as what phones are going to show up in the UK, the odds are that they will release all the new form factors over there meaning a new bold, curve storm and torch so you'll be one up on t-mobile us and the cdma carriers if at&t holds onto the torch in the states.
    02-26-11 10:50 AM
    As Ive mentioned many times before on these forums, I don't think Blackberry know there is anywhere outside mainland USA
    You might have mentioned it, but you would be wrong to do so, their sales figures will more than indicate to them that there are other countries, but the reality is that the carriers in the states are bigger single customers for them, over here you will have the likes of vodafone, t-mobile, etc. but as they are spread across europe they are likely to have more issues such as localisation, network differences etc. that would tend to slightly delay releases compared with the states.
    02-26-11 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD