Unfortunately the sub editors decided to give the review into the Z30 and the Nokia 1020 the headlines:

'iPhone Rivals Are All But Dead' and 'Last Gasp Gems Are Too Little Too Late' (thanks!)

Here's the article, apologies but since The Sun has just gone paywall I can't reproduce a link, I've scanned it in using the rather lovely Paper Pusher Scanner so I've attached the full article as PDF, you'll have to zoom in to read it all.

Many in the UK decry The Sun but it still sold 2 million copies today, more than any other paper, and within it was this article. I won't transcribe the lot but it's nice, at least, for BlackBerry to be getting some recognition in a good way for a change, at least from the journalist (not the sub-editor!). Here's the first paragraph if you can't be bothered to read the lot...

'BlackBerry and Nokia, two of the biggest mobile companies of recent years, are pretty much dead. Both are being sold and are shedding jobs amongst disappointing sales.'

'But the pair have just produced two of their best phones ever that offer genuine competition to Apple and Samsung - the current kingpins. Here we take a look at their new iPhone killers - and at what went wrong'

The article then goes on to list BB and Nokia's woes, mentions CrackBerry (yay!) and then says this:

'The crazy thing is both firms are back on form and have been producing great phones.'

It then basically says that BB10 is fantastic and that Nokia has a great camera and they have been bought by Microsoft but that both suffer from a lack of apps. But then, right at the end is the warm fuzzy feeling which, I think, sums up the general feeling around here:

'The {BlackBerry} software really is great but it needs a buyer to work out how to get consumers and businesses using it to realise how good it is.'

Come on Mr, or Mrs, Sun journalist, reveal yourself, you're a member here, you must be!
    Attached Files
    10-13-13 05:24 PM
    Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    jh07 likes this.
    10-13-13 05:29 PM
    Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    Not you, obviously....

Have you got that Nexus 5 yet?
    10-13-13 05:35 PM
    Unfortunately the sub editors decided to give the review into the Z30 and the Nokia 1020 the headlines:

'iPhone Rivals Are All But Dead' and 'Last Gasp Gems Are Too Little Too Late' (thanks!)

Here's the article, apologies but since The Sun has just gone paywall I can't reproduce a link, I've scanned it in using the rather lovely Paper Pusher Scanner so I've attached the full article as PDF, you'll have to zoom in to read it all.

Many in the UK decry The Sun but it still sold 2 million copies today, more than any other paper, and within it was this article. I won't transcribe the lot but it's nice, at least, for BlackBerry to be getting some recognition in a good way for a change, at least from the journalist (not the sub-editor!). Here's the first paragraph if you can't be bothered to read the lot...

'BlackBerry and Nokia, two of the biggest mobile companies of recent years, are pretty much dead. Both are being sold and are shedding jobs amongst disappointing sales.'

'But the pair have just produced two of their best phones ever that offer genuine competition to Apple and Samsung - the current kingpins. Here we take a look at their new iPhone killers - and at what went wrong'

The article then goes on to list BB and Nokia's woes, mentions CrackBerry (yay!) and then says this:

'The crazy thing is both firms are back on form and have been producing great phones.'

It then basically says that BB10 is fantastic and that Nokia has a great camera and they have been bought by Microsoft but that both suffer from a lack of apps. But then, right at the end is the warm fuzzy feeling which, I think, sums up the general feeling around here:

'The {BlackBerry} software really is great but it needs a buyer to work out how to get consumers and businesses using it to realise how good it is.'

Come on Mr, or Mrs, Sun journalist, reveal yourself, you're a member here, you must be!
    No Dropbox? Wtf??

Posted via CB10
    10-13-13 05:38 PM
    At last someone that has the courage or sincerity to try BB10 and really tell what he felt about it.
    I am usually skeptical about reviews because they seem to know right from the beginning that they have to end it negatively to jump on the bandwagon of Blackberry is deade/too little too late/not better in any field than competition... etc.
    This time the reviewer seems to be positively surprised and has the right judgement: Blackberry needs someone who believes in its greatness and therefore would be bound to give BB10 the right time and resources to get the place it deserves (imho BB10 is better than iOS and WindowsPhone for multitasking).

Thanks for the good news!

Posted via CB10
    milo53, fanisk and bigglybobblyboo like this.
    10-13-13 05:38 PM
    I know, the journalist was talking about the Nokia with regard to Dropbox but the graphics department took it upon themselves to claim that was the Z30!

Believe you me, I have had similar troubles with the UK press in the past...!

Hence the avatar...

Malcolm Says...
    Last edited by bigglybobblyboo; 10-13-13 at 06:01 PM.
    fanisk and Mack Gans like this.
    10-13-13 05:41 PM
    Any publicity is good publicity I guess, even if it comes in the form of prolefeed newspapers.
    10-13-13 07:47 PM
    Thank you! I appreciate the effort......find it interesting how the Press views BB and other handsets, in other countries.
    10-13-13 08:42 PM

Very OOT from me, even if "The ****" produces articles that would praise BlackBerry I would never acknowledge this sensationalist liar. Remember Hillsborough. The **** should just have its publishing licensed revoked decades ago for blatant lies and disrespect to the dead.

On the topic; without reading the news (matter of principle) I don't see why the need to say as apple's rivals are dead. As far as I know windows aren't, and so is google.

Sent from my A500 using CB Forums mobile app
    10-13-13 08:51 PM
    Any positive publicity or news or review is a breath of fresh air. Thanks for sharing.
    10-13-13 09:21 PM
    Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    You do obviously and I LOVE you for it!
    I know you, you sneaky cheeky guy... You're playing the super negative card but I know better. You are secretly a huge BB supporter aren't you.
    Admit it, you're among friends here...
    :>)
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-13-13 09:46 PM
    You do obviously and I LOVE you for it!
    I know you, you sneaky cheeky guy... You're playing the super negative card but I know better. You are secretly a huge BB supporter aren't you.
    Admit it, you're among friends here...
    :>)
    It's true, it's all true
    The recent news has been disappointing

Posted via CB10
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-13-13 09:59 PM
    It's true, it's all true
    The recent news has been disappointing

Posted via CB10
    There ya go bud... Hugs all around. We all know that feeling.
    But... I can't wait to see what happens over the next 30 days or so. I'm looking FORWARD to it! A shake up is forthcoming. It may be good, it may be bad, but doing nothing is a killer.
    Do you get good use from your Z10? I do. I love it. Whilst waiting for BB to make a move I may even sell my Z10 and get a Z30.
    The added screen size and additional mics and speaker along with Miracast intrigue me.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    10-13-13 10:14 PM
    Wow that was brutal.

The introductory paragraph really sets the tone of the article.

"Blackberry Nokia, two of the biggest mobile phone makers of recent years are pretty much dead. Both are being sold and shedding jobs amidst disappointing sales.

But the pair have produced to their best phone ever that offer genuine competition to Apple and Samsung � the current kingpins.

Here we take a look at thier new � iPhone killers � and what went wrong. "

Well with a title like:
    Last Gasp Gems Are Too Little Too Late
    What would you expect.

"iPhone Rivals Are All But Dead"

I don't think this will help z30 sales.
    10-14-13 05:43 AM
    Is there a link to the article other than the pdf?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 06:26 AM
    Nope, the Sun has gone pay wall so you'd have to join...

Feel it, Swipe it, Love it. BlackBerry Z10...
    10-14-13 07:12 AM
    Who would ever pay for that rag? Only fans of half naked girls I suppose. The Sun is a joke.

Nope, the Sun has gone pay wall so you'd have to join...

badiyee likes this.
    10-14-13 07:23 AM
    Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    You're charming.
    10-14-13 07:55 AM
    Who cares?

Posted via CB10
    I care.
    A lot.

Posted from Z10 via CB10
    10-14-13 08:03 AM
    Thanks for sharing this

Posted via CB10 on my Z(ed)10
    10-14-13 09:47 AM
    People actually buy The Sun for the articles?

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."
    10-14-13 02:40 PM
    Interesting that the negative on the Z30 states a lack of apps:

* Dropbox - BB10 has dropbox + box apps & in my opinion pretty good native implementation.
    * Netflix - considering its a UK paper, surprised they mentioned it, I never thought Netflix was a popular app in the UK...

But the overall negative is right, there are a lack of apps, nice to see the Z30 getting some love.
    10-14-13 02:47 PM
    People actually buy The Sun for the articles?

"In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas."

Yes. A large proportion of the British public are at the intellectual level of the Sun, sadly!
    10-14-13 03:13 PM
    Yes. A large proportion of the British public are at the intellectual level of the Sun, sadly!
    Jeez, the point is not what the paper is, that's irrelevant.

The point is that this is the message that's gone out in print and, other than the headline, it's a good one, for a change.

And if you think Sun readers are so dim they will simply go out and buy whatever they are told to then as a BlackBerry fan...

Rejoice!

jrohland likes this.
    10-14-13 03:32 PM
    Jeez, the point is not what the paper is, that's irrelevant.

The point is that this is the message that's gone out in print and, other than the headline, it's a good one, for a change.

And if you think Sun readers are so dim they will simply go out and buy whatever they are told to then as a BlackBerry fan...

Rejoice!

Excellent point.
    10-14-13 08:26 PM
27 12