Dear good people of this forum i have still not managed to fix my bb 9630 tour it blinks a red light & wont boot all suggestions provided for in many threads have not worked because THE PHONE WONT BE DETECTED BY THE PC!!!! when running app loader nothing happens during the "communication port selection" stage

It was an online buy with no warranty & am outside the USA.

So to the BB experts is it a problem with the motherboard? or the usb port on the phone? your feedback will be appriciated.
    10-08-11 12:21 PM
    Read this and fallow all the instruction and it should fix your phone .How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    10-08-11 01:52 PM
    That guide is pretty useful. I had a blackberry that I wiped but wouldn't show up on my computer. After about 4-5 times of going over this guide, I finally got it working. While it is possible, it is very difficult to brick a blackberry beyond repair (without physical abuse)
    10-08-11 05:51 PM
    Or the tour is starting to get long in the tooth, perhaps a new battery and OS reload?
    10-08-11 05:55 PM
    I had the same problem with my 9780, occasional LED blinking but the PC wouldn't detect it (I managed to very occasionally get it to, but then the connection would drop out). I sent it away to be repaired... I received it back 2 days ago - the motherboard is gone and it would cost the same as/more than a new phone to fix.

I was in the same boat as you, eBay purchase, no warranty and working when it was sent. I'm now selling it on eBay for spares or repair, getting back what I can for it, chalking it up to bad experience and looking to get another. My suggestion would be (if the guides don't work) to do the same, because unfortunately it sounds like it's a goner!
    Last edited by GreenBerry84; 10-08-11 at 07:24 PM.
    10-08-11 07:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD