Chen needs to be brought in for a 72 hour hold. Pumped with thorazine ....
    Chen needs to have a nice shot of Ativan and some bed rest.
    BREAKING: T-Mobile US now sending texts to BlackBerry customers-double-facepalm.jpg
    04-05-14 01:15 PM
    I'm right but if you want to twist my words and try to cut me down to make your points you're totally welcome to.
    Fact: T-Mobile struck first. Chen reacted in a way understandably. Then Legere wouldn't let it go.

When a person does something bad and the injured party gets angry, the appropriate response for the remorseful person is not to demand anything from the injured party, but to let them get it out of their system, acknowledging that to some extent they had it coming.

Legere acted in a manner inconsistent with sincere remorse which means the likelihood Legere would "reoffend" is pretty high, and I think that's what happened.

You go ahead and dial 611 on your T-mobile phone and tell the customer care rep that you're on BlackBerry and thinking of switching to Android and I bet the rep encourages you to switch: then call back and tell them you want to terminate your BlackBerry service and switch carriers and they'll be all pro-BlackBerry.

Spare me the "this is Chen's fault" nonsense.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 02:03 PM
    SINCE THIS BIG ANNOUNCEMENT OF A BREAKUP I HAVEN'T RECEIVED ANY TEXT/EMAIL NOTIFYING ME Maybe, because I purchased my BlackBerry on JUMP! So they don't qualify me eligible for the 100$ to a new phone

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:07 PM
    Well. BlackBerry should pull out of the US entirely then. Because t-mobile isn't alone.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    I've been thinking this for six months.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 03:11 PM
    T-Mobile know how to keep their name 'buzzing' in the media. It may not be the best marketing per s�, but they are currently doing more than BlackBerry is.
    04-05-14 03:23 PM
    T-Mobile know how to keep their name 'buzzing' in the media. It may not be the best marketing per s�, but they are currently doing more than BlackBerry is.
    They have money, BlackBerry does not.

Though apparently, with all those ETF's they're paying-off, they're in the red now.
    04-05-14 03:33 PM
    T-Mobile is trying to manipulate things into their favor by pretending to be pro-BlackBerry customers when in reality it wants to make BlackBerry look bad, indirectly. I respect T-Mobile's tactical nature, but as a BlackBerry owner, **** them.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and NinjaB like this.
    04-05-14 03:35 PM
    Smart T-mobile move...aggressive, targeted and direct. Imagine if the marketing bozos at BBRY actually had the imagination to communicate directly with BB users with special offers.

I'll put my money on Legere over Chen any day of the week. Legere has turned the U.S. carrier market on its head.
    04-05-14 05:40 PM
    TMO did not care to restock BB in its stores and in both promotion offers said "any phone" BB users bring. It does not say any BB Phone.
    04-05-14 07:24 PM
    Imagine if the marketing bozos at BBRY actually had the imagination to communicate directly with BB users with special offers.

I get those all the time from BlackBerry. I don't know where you have been. Maybe you never gave them contact information.
    04-05-14 08:30 PM
    People got angry. T-Mobile apologized and gave special offers to its BlackBerry customers. That is where it should ha e stopped. Chen should have been gracious and accepted the apology and made a statement about building a better partnership. He should have taken the high road.

And the other American carriers are steering customers away from BlackBerry. They didn't do it as out in the open as T-Mobile did. But AT&T stores treat you like you're insane if you are interested in a BlackBerry.

Every carrier here is acting like BlackBerry is dead.

What carrier was actually promoting BlackBerry? Telcel in Mexico.

They had huge BlackBerry balloons and big cardboard stand up cutouts I. It's stores. Big banners in the windows. It was really nice.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    You don't understand... they didn't have these BB10s in stock... how can you take advantage of this "deal"
    stlabrat likes this.
    04-05-14 10:16 PM
    People got angry. T-Mobile apologized and gave special offers to its BlackBerry customers. That is where it should ha e stopped. Chen should have been gracious and accepted the apology and made a statement about building a better partnership. He should have taken the high road.
    you mean the "special offer" that encouraged them to switch platforms?

and then after T-mobile went out of it's way to announce 94% of Blackberry customers who took advantage of the offer switched to a new OS?

but Chen should have taken the high road.. hmmm... to me, that sounds more like BlackBerry bending over and taking it with no questions asked.. which would probly indicate, or at least show the perception that BB is so desperate that they will work with anyone even if it's not beneficial for both sides... not the best message to send, ya know?

he was simply performing channel management and it will hopefully allow them to focus more and build a stronger relationship with the other carriers...
    04-05-14 11:27 PM
    So what should BlackBerry have done about T-Mobile trying to get their customers to switch devices?

Posted via CB10
    Not cut off T-Mobile from carrying more Blackberries, that's for sure. That's pretty stupid considering now T-Mobile has every incentive to gun for Blackberry customers to switch OSes.

If you think about it, T-Mobile holding Blackberries and talking smack about it at the same time could never hurt more than T-Mobile not carrying Blackberry and talking smack about it. The former scenario is still possibly one Blackberry sold. The latter scenario is 0 Blackberries sold and, if Blackberry ever became popular, T-Mobile would begin running anti-Blackberry ads ala Droid anti-iPhone commercials.

Impulsive fans are trying to justify a bad Chen decision with faulty doublethink logic. Blackberry "boycotting" T-Mobile will not hurt T-Mobile and is only shooting itself in the foot. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    Doggerz, Troy Tiscareno and milo53 like this.
    04-05-14 11:46 PM
    send a nice text back. Thanks but no thanks i already switched to a carrier with some class. By the way its not tmobile.
    If the person had in fact switched carriers, they likely wouldn't receive the text at all. Just saying.
    04-05-14 11:57 PM
    Not cut off T-Mobile from carrying more Blackberries, that's for sure. That's pretty stupid considering now T-Mobile has every incentive to gun for Blackberry customers to switch OSes.
    Offering BlackBerry users a "trade in" incentive and not stocking BlackBerry devices is exactly proof that all they're doing is trying to get as many BlackBerry users as possible off BlackBerry devices as soon as possible: they are, in effect, lying by representing themselves as anything else: they'd certainly rather keep the BlackBerry fan on a BlackBerry device on their network than lose the customer to another carrier, but they'd much MUCH prefer BlackBerry users to stay on their network and switch to another platform: that's obvious in their behaviour.

If you think about it, T-Mobile holding Blackberries and talking smack about it at the same time could never hurt more than T-Mobile not carrying Blackberry and talking smack about it. The former scenario is still possibly one Blackberry sold. The latter scenario is 0 Blackberries sold and, if Blackberry ever became popular, T-Mobile would begin running anti-Blackberry ads ala Droid anti-iPhone commercials.
    ...but it's not just about device sales... in fact, the most important thing to carriers is not device sales (hence they give away devices "free" with a contract) but what T-Mobile has to do is not lose subscribers. If a whack of BlackBerry subscribers all leave T-Mobile in a months or two-months time frame, Mr. Legere will get such a whack from his BoD.

Impulsive fans are trying to justify a bad Chen decision with faulty doublethink logic. Blackberry "boycotting" T-Mobile will not hurt T-Mobile and is only shooting itself in the foot. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
    As I've said before, if BlackBerry boycotting T-Mobile will not hurt T-Mobile, then T-Mobile boycotting BlackBerry won't hurt BlackBerry... because zero sales by T-Mobile is still zero whether or not BlackBerry is or isn't a partner of T-Mobiles. Every second a BlackBerry user is exposed to anti-BlackBerry (as opposed to "pro-somethingelse") marketing is a chance for that subscriber to be convinced to switch: for BlackBerry, getting currently loyal BlackBerry fans off of T-Mobile and onto another carrier that's happy to have them is a good move.

Look what I just found on a French - English translation dictionary Website!

� la l�g�re
    adv. without thinking ; thoughtlessly ; carelessly ;

How apt!
    Omnitech likes this.
    04-06-14 12:32 AM
    So what should BlackBerry have done about T-Mobile trying to get their customers to switch devices?

Posted via CB10
    Now T-MOBILE folks will have to leave BlackBerry for a phone they do carry.

JC....is.....lost.......... ....... .... .. .

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    Doggerz likes this.
    04-06-14 01:15 AM
    Now T-MOBILE folks will have to leave BlackBerry for a phone they do carry.

JC....is.....lost.......... ....... .... .. .

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    Or BlackBerry users will have to leave T-Mobile for a carrier who sells BlackBerry.

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    04-06-14 02:29 AM
    No mercy & Non, merci.

This will cost T-mobile a lot of cash. That's a required signal for other carriers.
    "We love you but don't treat us as slaves; we're partners or we're nothing".
    04-06-14 03:41 AM
    ROFL

Neither do I see ANY evidence that BlackBerry "prevented" T-Mobile from selling the Z30. It would be a no-brainer for them to sell that, the device that is compatible with their network is already designed and available. Not like a CDMA carrier such as Verizon or Sprint where the device needs to be uniquely tailored to their network.

That's BS. You chose a low-end carrier that has shown little interest in Blackberry, pulled all BlackBerry merchandise out of retail stores last September and has been actively hostile to the company's sales efforts, and you think it is BlackBerry's fault? LOL
    Actually when they signed the "exclusive" with Verizon that's exactly what they did.

Then Verizon has rewarded the "exclusive" with not stocking them ala Rogers - if you want one you have to get it shipped to you. Just read the Z30 forum most of the recent Verizon Z30's had to be bought this way - myself included there was none within a 50 mile radius of NYC the day I bought mine.

T-mobile isn't alone here.
    04-06-14 09:27 AM
    I think this thread has run it's course!
    Harryl6134 likes this.
    04-06-14 09:55 AM
45 12