This just in--

T-Mobile US is now sending free text messages to its BlackBerry subscribers with a link. This is most likely a component of the web page movement discussed elsewhere on these boards.

See attached screen shot.
    BREAKING: T-Mobile US now sending texts to BlackBerry customers-img_20140404_182137.png

-STV on Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228 TMO US
    04-04-14 06:24 PM
    T-Mobile should stop preening itself on social media all day long and try actually doing things to support BlackBerry, if it sincerely wants BlackBerry customers.
    fryk likes this.
    04-04-14 06:30 PM
    BREAKING: T-Mobile US now sending texts to BlackBerry customers-img_20140405_003228.png

Nice to know receiving text messages from your provider is still free?
    But worries me the end of the year might be subject to change? I mean if the year ends before christmas then I for one am gonna be p***ed off.
    04-04-14 06:36 PM
    Just give me wifi calling on the Z30.
    04-04-14 06:43 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140405_003228.png 
Views:	6304 
Size:	133.0 KB 
ID:	260783

Nice to know receiving text messages from your provider is still free?
    But worries me the end of the year might be subject to change? I mean if the year ends before christmas then I for one am gonna be p***ed off.
    Bro, T-mobile wants to know where you at!
    Tom689 and zephyr613 like this.
    04-04-14 07:54 PM
    Another ploy for T-Mobile that appears to be pro-BlackBerry but will offer BlackBerry users discounts to upgrade to any phone, hopefully 94% of the remaining BlackBerry users on T-Mobile don't leave BlackBerry and instead leave T-Mobile (maybe to Verizon to grab the Z30 that T-Mobile never carried).

"Progress is a nice word. But change is its motivator, and change has its enemies."
    Irish Blues and Ray UM like this.
    04-04-14 08:14 PM
    I think it's awesome that T-Mobile is doing this. I don't hold it against them or BlackBerry. I think this offer extends to BYOD too, so maybe get $100 off shopblackberry and then bring it to T-Mobile for $100 bill credit. Look at it like saving $200 off a brand new phone. Is that doable?

It's like getting a brand new Q10 fully paid for $200 with no contract on TMOBILE

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 09:12 PM
    I love T-Mobile. Glad they are not treating BlackBerry the way BlackBerry treated them.

What I mean is Chen's hissy fit cut Z30 and future BlackBerry devices from T-Mobile. T-Mobile didn't cut me off from BlackBerry.

Get a new CEO at BlackBerry who cares for each and every customer. BlackBerry threw me to the wolves.

Don't sell me a phone then cut off my carrier. Even 5 T-Mobile sales beats zero.

Chen needs to be brought in for a 72 hour hold. Pumped with thorazine and then give him his paycheck and replace him with someone who cares more for the company that he cares about his own ego.

You think Spock would have pulled a Chen? Hell no because it's not logical. Or rational.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    sentimentGX4 and milo53 like this.
    04-05-14 12:20 AM
    I love T-Mobile. Glad they are not treating BlackBerry the way BlackBerry treated them.

What I mean is Chen's hissy fit cut Z30 and future BlackBerry devices from T-Mobile. T-Mobile didn't cut me off from BlackBerry.

Get a new CEO at BlackBerry who cares for each and every customer. BlackBerry threw me to the wolves.

Don't sell me a phone then cut off my carrier. Even 5 T-Mobile sales beats zero.

Chen needs to be brought in for a 72 hour hold. Pumped with thorazine and then give him his paycheck and replace him with someone who cares more for the company that he cares about his own ego.

You think Spock would have pulled a Chen? Hell no because it's not logical. Or rational.

So what should BlackBerry have done about T-Mobile trying to get their customers to switch devices?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 12:22 AM
    So what should BlackBerry have done about T-Mobile trying to get their customers to switch devices?

Posted via CB10
    People got angry. T-Mobile apologized and gave special offers to its BlackBerry customers. That is where it should ha e stopped. Chen should have been gracious and accepted the apology and made a statement about building a better partnership. He should have taken the high road.

And the other American carriers are steering customers away from BlackBerry. They didn't do it as out in the open as T-Mobile did. But AT&T stores treat you like you're insane if you are interested in a BlackBerry.

Every carrier here is acting like BlackBerry is dead.

What carrier was actually promoting BlackBerry? Telcel in Mexico.

They had huge BlackBerry balloons and big cardboard stand up cutouts I. It's stores. Big banners in the windows. It was really nice.

techvisor likes this.
    04-05-14 12:28 AM
    of course let the carriers eff with you for years while you bend to their every will and then take the "high road". that's a solid business plan you got there. you even said it yourself:

And the other American carriers are steering customers away from BlackBerry. They didn't do it as out in the open as T-Mobile did. But AT&T stores treat you like you're insane if you are interested in a BlackBerry.
    so why continue to do the same thing expecting different results? that's insanity, dude.
    04-05-14 12:55 AM
    send a nice text back. Thanks but no thanks i already switched to a carrier with some class. By the way its not tmobile.
    Ray UM likes this.
    04-05-14 01:00 AM
    of course let the carriers eff with you for years while you bend to their every will and then take the "high road". that's a solid business plan you got there. you even said it yourself:

so why continue to do the same thing expecting different results? that's insanity, dude.
    Well. BlackBerry should pull out of the US entirely then. Because t-mobile isn't alone.

BB_Junky and Jeffreyfcox like this.
    04-05-14 01:27 AM
    send a nice text back. Thanks but no thanks i already switched to a carrier with some class. By the way its not tmobile.
    Have fun with that. I'm staying with T-Mobile where I'll be able to use my Z30 st LTE speeds for well under half the cost of any other carrier in the states.

randall2580 and techvisor like this.
    04-05-14 01:28 AM
    But seriously. Chen needs to have a nice shot of Ativan and some bed rest. Better living through chemistry.

04-05-14 02:07 AM
    I received an email from Tmobile with similar message: an assurance that they will take care of BlackBerry users. I guess that's good. Whatever I still use and love my Z10. Until there is discount for the Z30, nothing has changed for me.

? CB10 ?
    04-05-14 02:08 AM
    I received an email from Tmobile with similar message: an assurance that they will take care of BlackBerry users. I guess that's good. Whatever I still use and love my Z10. Until there is discount for the Z30, nothing has changed for me.

? CB10 ?
    I finally broke down and got a Z30 for 499. It's way too much but it is white and I just couldn't help it.

But it will run fine on TMO. I think 350 is a reasonable price for Z30. Probably have to wait for the next batch of devices to come out before seeing a price drop.

I'll probably try to hang on to the Z30 for a longer period to try to make up paying 499 for it. The only thing that would disrupt that plan is if they make a slider. Miss my 9810 like crazy.

leejayh likes this.
    04-05-14 02:14 AM
    Have fun with that. I'm staying with T-Mobile where I'll be able to use my Z30 st LTE speeds for well under half the cost of any other carrier in the states.

You also need to stop sniffing the oxygen..t-mobile couldn't give a frigg about you either..you're just a digit for them..when they need to dump BlackBerry users they will...and you'll be saying what? Enjoy your LTE speeds.

Posted via CB10
    Thesmartmale and badiyee like this.
    04-05-14 05:35 AM
    You also need to stop sniffing the oxygen..t-mobile couldn't give a frigg about you either..you're just a digit for them..when they need to dump BlackBerry users they will...and you'll be saying what? Enjoy your LTE speeds.

Posted via CB10
    I would be surprised if anyone cared about me. They do care about customer retention. And they do see me as a number. Apparently Chen doesn't have a problem writing off however many T-Mobile users there are.

I'll keep enjoying both BlackBerry and T-Mobile and if BlackBerry doesn't make it I'll find some android device I can live with and continue to enjoy high speed at a reasonable price.

sentimentGX4 likes this.
    04-05-14 07:58 AM
    People got angry. T-Mobile apologized and gave special offers to its BlackBerry customers. That is where it should ha e stopped. Chen should have been gracious and accepted the apology and made a statement about building a better partnership. He should have taken the high road.
    It wasn't a great apology. It didn't come off sincere by Legere and his VP.

At my employer, we always check with our distribution partners to make sure they get an advanced notice of some promo or communication with some time for them to come back to us if they have any issues. That is a true partnership. TMO and BlackBerry was one sided. Legere is an *** on twitter. The board of directors need to order him to shut down his twitter or only let the PR rep post on his behalf.

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2141/Telus
    04-05-14 08:38 AM

ROFL

"Hissy fit"? I think you have Legere confused with Chen. Chen has been classy throughout.

Neither do I see ANY evidence that BlackBerry "prevented" T-Mobile from selling the Z30. It would be a no-brainer for them to sell that, the device that is compatible with their network is already designed and available. Not like a CDMA carrier such as Verizon or Sprint where the device needs to be uniquely tailored to their network.

BlackBerry threw me to the wolves.
    That's BS. You chose a low-end carrier that has shown little interest in Blackberry, pulled all BlackBerry merchandise out of retail stores last September and has been actively hostile to the company's sales efforts, and you think it is BlackBerry's fault? LOL

Chen needs to be brought in for a 72 hour hold. Pumped with thorazine...
    Dude, you've got some serious anger issues.

But seriously. Chen needs to have a nice shot of Ativan and some bed rest. Better living through chemistry.
    Once again, I think you have Legere and Chen mixed-up.

I would be surprised if anyone cared about me.
    You could be right about that one.
    04-05-14 08:49 AM
    ROFL

"Hissy fit"? I think you have Legere confused with Chen. Chen has been classy throughout.

Neither do I see ANY evidence that BlackBerry "prevented" T-Mobile from selling the Z30. It would be a no-brainer for them to sell that, the device that is compatible with their network is already designed and available. Not like a CDMA carrier such as Verizon or Sprint where the device needs to be uniquely tailored to their network.

That's BS. You chose a low-end carrier that has shown little interest in Blackberry, pulled all BlackBerry merchandise out of retail stores last September and has been actively hostile to the company's sales efforts, and you think it is BlackBerry's fault? LOL

Dude, you've got some serious anger issues.

Once again, I think you have Legere and Chen mixed-up.

You could be right about that one.
    I have anger issues? Holy Crap dude.
    I'm right but if you want to twist my words and try to cut me down to make your points you're totally welcome to.

I think you just need a big hug. And maybe a few bong hits. <3

04-05-14 09:39 AM
    I believe -mobile apologized and added BlackBerry phones back on their phone store.
    04-05-14 09:50 AM
    I have anger issues? Holy Crap dude.
    I'm right but if you want to twist my words and try to cut me down to make your points you're totally welcome to.
    Feel free to actually debate the points as I did, I don't see any of that in your response.

Instead you claim I'm the angry one, and I'm getting personal when that is all you did there?

ROFLcopter!
    stlabrat and badiyee like this.
    04-05-14 10:18 AM
    I would be surprised if anyone cared about me. They do care about customer retention. And they do see me as a number. Apparently Chen doesn't have a problem writing off however many T-Mobile users there are.

I'll keep enjoying both BlackBerry and T-Mobile and if BlackBerry doesn't make it I'll find some android device I can live with and continue to enjoy high speed at a reasonable price.

Don't you get it? If BlackBerry really don't care about you, how then you can still using your BlackBerry with the t-mobile connection? at the same time, you admit it yourself that you can get your new Z30 not from T-Mobile.

You need to separate about customer retention here between device and its connection. The issue between BlackBerry and T-Mobile is not about device it is about connection. You use t-mobile for their LTE (retention based on connection) and you can buy your Z30 which means retention by device has also maintained here. If anybody you want to blame, you can blame yourself, not Chen from BB nor Legere (because you so fond of him)
    04-05-14 11:59 AM
45 12