The Associated Press: Saudi Arabia calls for Blackberry ban this week

The Saudi state news agency SPA said in a report late Tuesday that the country's telecom regulator has informed mobile service providers in the country that they must halt BlackBerry services starting Friday.
    08-03-10 05:49 PM
    Ack - just realized I posted this in General and not News...sorry mods, move please. :-)
    08-03-10 05:50 PM
    The middle east isn't feelin the peace from black eyed peas lovers either darn it.
    08-03-10 11:05 PM
    BBC reports that its just BBM traffic that will be "blocked" :
    BBC News - Saudi Arabia announces Blackberry messenger deadline
    08-04-10 03:03 AM
    It's interesting that all these demands are just starting now. I mean, how long has BBM and BB been around for?
    08-04-10 05:17 AM
    I'm so sick of these tyrannical governments being such ******-bags to their "subjects." America included.

A bit OT, but does it not surprise anyone that the people in the middle east are pissed at the United States when the US Military keeps a KING in power in Saudi Arabia?

Didn't we fight a Revolutionary War to get out from under a king? Now we keep one propped up? And we're keeping one propped up who is banning BB's?

How would we feel if China came over here with its military and propped up a dictator? We'd probably be pissed and become "terrorists" too. Imagine if said dictator banned your BlackBerry?

Cheech.
    08-04-10 08:42 AM
    this is smoke and mirrors...BB is global enough that it can absorb a couple of these nations acting like since, especially since they are nations that are not large enough to affect the total BB demographic. India is different, but the middle eastern countries wont be able to follow through on the majority of these threats since most of these governments run on BB. Its a publicity stunt, and i hope BB holds out and makes these governments blink first.
    08-04-10 08:59 AM
    I'm so sick of these tyrannical governments being such ******-bags to their "subjects." America included.

A bit OT, but does it not surprise anyone that the people in the middle east are pissed at the United States when the US Military keeps a KING in power in Saudi Arabia?

Didn't we fight a Revolutionary War to get out from under a king? Now we keep one propped up? And we're keeping one propped up who is banning BB's?

How would we feel if China came over here with its military and propped up a dictator? We'd probably be pissed and become "terrorists" too. Imagine if said dictator banned your BlackBerry?

Cheech.

If you're so tired of it go make you a sign wave it around at walmart and then go home you'll feel better although nothing will change now stop crying.
    08-04-10 09:08 AM
    What about our privacy rights , we all have the right to privacy . BB is the most secure platform and why I will always use it . They can snoop and control BB . That's the problem here .

Rim don't back down please . We need our privacy .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-04-10 12:02 PM
    What about our privacy rights , we all have the right to privacy . BB is the most secure platform and why I will always use it . They can't snoop and control BB . That's the problem here .

Rim don't back down please . We need our privacy .

08-04-10 12:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD