It's gonna craaaasssh lol. But hey that's a good sign if you think about it.
    actually it did crash reportedly.......
    12-17-12 04:34 PM
    I placed a pre-order simply to determine whether Research In Motion crosses the finish line or stumbles and falls in February 2013. I got burned by the BlackBerry PlayBook debacle in April 2011 when I made the decision to risk being an early adopter.

Does BlackBerry OS 10 support BlackBerry Bridge with the BlackBerry PlayBook running BlackBerry Tablet OS 2.1.0.1088? Inquirying minds need to know. I would have to replace my existing BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5 (Express Edition) with BlackBerry Enterprise Server (Full Edition) apparently which could be cost-prohibitive. I do not need technical support and refuse to pay the high licensing fees which traditionally plagued the full edition and annual fees are nonsense considering RIM rakes in a monthly fee from my BES data plan subscription.
    Last edited by BB9700CA; 12-17-12 at 05:03 PM.
    12-17-12 04:42 PM
    I'm sticking with Telus. I hear they suck back East, but out West their coverage is the best. I wonder if they'll take pre-orders as well.
    Apparently there is a thread on Telus doing that that stating Dec. 20th.
    johnny_larue likes this.
    12-17-12 07:57 PM
    I wish I could pre-order just to check what my number in line would be after a day of opening pre-orders. Has anyone pre-ordered in the last hour? If so, can you please give us your number on the list. This could be valuable info....
    12-18-12 01:16 PM
    I'll have to wait and see if the other carriers follow suit. Fido isn't offering the reservations yet if at all.
    Fido is owned by Rogers. Fido won't initially be offering BlackBerry 10. If you want to use BlackBerry 10 on Fido you'll need to buy a phone outright and unlock it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 01:59 PM
    now just need to see Sprint do the same thing.
    12-18-12 02:09 PM
    WTF...

WHy can i not reserve one as a corporate client with Rogers?

If i can, i haven't found out how.
    12-18-12 02:16 PM
    On vacation in Punta Cana at the moment (Into my 2nd week....yeah I'm bragging). Wifi at the pool, and keeping up to date with CrackBerry.

As soon as I can remember my Rogers login, I'll be reserving my phone.

Also sent a Twitter message asking....okay begging... RIM to send me an invite to the Toronto unveiling. Extreme long shot, I know. But, it never hurts to ask. Right?

No, back to the bar to get something with rum in it. Sorry, bragging again.

Sent from my Magical BlackBerry Bold 9900...beside the pool in Punta Cana!!
    Im on my second month in europe
    12-18-12 02:27 PM
    WTF...

I'd get in touch with your rep to see what he/she can do.
    12-18-12 02:33 PM
    #712 on the list
    12-18-12 03:05 PM
    I signed up yesterday. Im number 386
    12-18-12 05:45 PM
    WTF...

I tried as well and they told me I "don't need to" reserve one. The impression I get is that there will be enough to go around for everyone and that these pre-orders are just a gimmick to lock in purchases, especially since you have to pay $40 in advance. It is just a tool that providers use to ensure their clients don't jump ship. Corporate clients are not as likely to switch carriers and are motivated to stay with a particular carrier for other reasons, such as subscription discounts, so pre-orders are not as necessary as with the average consumer.

Then again, what do I know...I'm just guessing. But somehow I don't think I'll be waiting much longer than the average consumer.
    12-18-12 06:17 PM
    I tried as well and they told me I "don't need to" reserve one. The impression I get is that there will be enough to go around for everyone and that these pre-orders are just a gimmick to lock in purchases, especially since you have to pay $40 in advance. It is just a tool that providers use to ensure their clients don't jump ship. Corporate clients are not as likely to switch carriers and are motivated to stay with a particular carrier for other reasons, such as subscription discounts, so pre-orders are not as necessary as with the average consumer.

Then again, what do I know...I'm just guessing. But somehow I don't think I'll be waiting much longer than the average consumer.
    They aren't locked into purchases.. No commitment Whats so ever. This is actually quite smart... it will show the early demand and allow RIM to assess demand, and funnel product accordingly. They don't have an unlimited amount of cash so seeing a simple, and yes, it's VERY simple, metric as to where demand lies, they can funnel their resources and product to where demand dictates. I'm sure they have put in a specific number of orders to their suppliers... right now, they want to make sure that the units they have paid for, get sold.
    12-18-12 10:54 PM
    Fido is owned by Rogers. Fido won't initially be offering BlackBerry 10. If you want to use BlackBerry 10 on Fido you'll need to buy a phone outright and unlock it.

You mean just like my last 3 phones? With only one new BB phone to chose from Fido better carry it.
    12-19-12 12:21 AM
    # 704 on list
    12-19-12 03:16 AM
    You guys disagreed with me, but RIM is doing exactly what I said they should be doing - "pre-orders" ahead of Xmas:

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...esence-749879/

Obviously their implementation is more tactful than I suggested, and their hype creation (via positive press) is more cost-effective than what I suggested, but still, I got the general timing and results right.
    this is one carrier in one country...

yes I believe this is a good thing but I am with TELUS in Canada and am not ordering through rogers. I am super excited for BB10 and will be knocking on the local TELUS store on the day of release but I don;t think there will be a shortage of phones available.
    12-19-12 04:26 AM
    You mean just like my last 3 phones? With only one new BB phone to chose from Fido better carry it.
    Fido will not carry BlackBerry 10 for quite some time. Rogers is not going to compete against itself.

12-19-12 05:58 AM
    BlackBerry 10 FTW
    Attached Thumbnails Breaking News in Canada BlackBerry 10 orders start at Rogers-bb10-20launch-20thor.jpeg  
    12-19-12 07:57 AM
    BlackBerry 10 FTW
    Hilarious. My thank you button is missing right now
    12-19-12 08:09 AM
    on list 20,000
    12-25-12 11:11 PM
    Are you serious about being 20000 ? If that is the case it's good news..should reach over 100k before release and that is what need..hipe..
    12-27-12 12:12 AM
46 12